Stunning Pictures of Cymru Wales

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by ddraig, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

2. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

just another beach

[​IMG]
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-26625340

cesare likes this.
  3. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Starlings in Aber

cesare likes this.
  4. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

I'm going to Wales this weekend. If Isee anything stunning I'll take a photo.

5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Well done dear
    :hmm:
    *lights the beacons

bendeus and existentialist like this.
  6. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

I should leave your camera at home, then.

I just know you're not going to see anything stunning. It'd be more than your job's worth. Or something.

editor likes this.
  7. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

8. teuchter

If this thread is anything to go by, even if it is raining, there will be lots of good-humoured Welshfolk around to cheer the days.

9. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

Don't count on it. They tend to reflect the humour of those they encounter, so I imagine you will be knee-deep in deliberately-Welsh-speaking eye-contact-avoiding curmudgeonly Welshmen who suddenly find something more interesting to do on the other side of the road :)

editor likes this.
  10. bendeus

Such as staring at the rainswept, world-class views, perhaps?

existentialist likes this.
  11. bendeus

Sorry, are you insinuating that the po-faced tedium you have inflicted upon this thread was, in fact, humour?

existentialist likes this.
  12. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

While whistling tunelessly and closely inspecting fingernails, indeed.

bendeus likes this.
  13. teuchter

Well, the sun was shining as the train crossed the border and up until just after I reached my destiniation. During that time I made some observations regarding the landscape. I think "quintessentially English" would be the best description. Pleasant and gentle. I didn't at any point feel particularly stunned.

A taxi driver told me various things about the area. Notably he claimed that the Cambrian mountains were the "most rugged mountains in the UK". At this point I wondered if delusional beliefs were a national pastime and not just limited to this thread. Although, as far as I could tell from his accent he was English.

The grinches will be pleased to hear that from arrival until shortly before departure the weather was dreadful with continuous rain and a slightly chilly wind. As far as stormy nights are concerned, I'd say it was a bit half hearted compared to what you could expect in Scotland for example where we have properly bad weather, but it was enough to spoil a few people's weekends. You'll be disappointed to know, however, that I was in a tent that didn't leak significantly and therefore no major hardship was encountered.

I'm afraid there was nothing to justify a photograph.

14. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

barely anything to justify your post either ?

15. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

All I can say is that, if you went to the trouble to travel all the way to Wales, only to be quite as (apparently) predictably disappointed, then perhaps doing a touch more research might have saved you a wasted trip.

In particular, your description of "continuous rain and a slightly chilly wind" as "dreadful" demonstrates a lamentable failure to understand the prevailing climatic conditions in Wales, where such weather would usually be described as "fine".

For the record, delusional beliefs are not specifically a national pastime of the Welsh, but merely those of the kind of person who ends up driving taxis for a living. Hence, perhaps, the confusion his accent evinced in you.

I am glad, though, to hear that you had such a disappointing time, since it reassures me that the likelihood of further teuchterdom being inflicted on this great country may well have diminished.

But, just in order to prompt some fond reminiscences...

(if you watch and listen for long enough, you will see some amazing views of rugged mountains near Dolgellau)

16. teuchter

What "kind of person" is that, then?

17. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

Well, obviously, the sort of person who has delusional beliefs. Duh.

Anyway, take your beef off this thread: this is lamb (and laverbread) country.

ginger_syn likes this.
  18. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Why are you trolling a board you are actually a regular member of? I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to do that.

ddraig likes this.
  19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

quite sad really isn't it
    hasn't got the reaction it wanted either :(

20. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

I expect he would like to provoke someone into saying something horrible to him, so he can start another interminable thread about how he's being treated less favourably than the ENTIRE UNIVERSE on Urban :)

Heh, no. I'm not even Welsh, and I'm finding myself bigging up the place at him ;)

editor likes this.
  21. teuchter

I think you guys might be over-analysing this somewhat, don't you? I don't mind though, if it's what you enjoy. Do carry on.

22. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

:eek: We've found something you don't mind?

That feels like something of an achievement.

23. bendeus

Well, Teuchter, the fact that you didn't take any photos certainly proves beyond reasonable doubt that Wales is indeed a bit shit and that the people on this thread are delusional.

With the scent of victory in your nostrils maybe you can just kindly fuck off now, eh?

editor likes this.
  24. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

Nooooooo :facepalm: don't say that, we'll never hear the end of it!

Teuchter must live somewhere really beautiful, though. I do hope he starts a thread about the lovely scenery in his part of the world some time soon.

editor likes this.
  25. teuchter

I certainly don't think Wales is "a bit shit". I think it's quite nice mostly. Can't you lot read?

26. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

go away

editor likes this.
  27. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

I expect that you'll dismiss this, too, as "over-analysing", but have you any idea what kind of message your chronic use of "you lot" (not just on this thread) sends?

One might almost come away with the idea that you consider yourself to be a great deal better than those around you.

editor likes this.
  28. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

DaleyMale likes this.
  29. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

St Justinians [​IMG]

StoneRoad and teqniq like this.
  30. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

nice boathouse !