1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streatham news, rumour and general chat

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Art & Craft, the poncey beer sellers, are opening a new bigger shop on Streatham High Road. Don't know when it's opening but it'll be down the dip a few shops past Streatham Green. The selection of tasty, locally brewed beers they offer is outstanding but their prices are more than a bit silly. My advice to these people: only sell beers in 500ml bottles (none of this 330ml lunacy) and get your bleedin' prices down.

lang rabbie and editor like this.
  2. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Is that replacing the small one near the station or expanding?

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Craft Beer and Urban Art? Hipster jackpot!

4. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

I assume this is a replacement. It'll be several times bigger than the existing one and in a much more prominent location. Only noticed it today when walking past but it's quite a way off being ready.

5. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Too far down for me....where it is now suits my weekend jaunt to Lidl and back....

6. lang rabbie

lang rabbie Je ne regrette les gazebos

All the suggestions from their Twitter feed are that the branch in the Dip is in addition to the existing Streatham Hill and West Norwood branches. There is also going to be a branch at Surrey Street in Croydon.

Casual Observer likes this.
  7. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

If you intend on visiting the new Aldi once it opens - just before Streatham station, where Somerfields used to be - it won't be "too far down". :)

8. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Hmm...it maybe too far down....going past the White Lion is too far down for me

ViolentPanda likes this.
  9. sw16er

sw16er New Member

That part of the High Road (the dip) is gentrifying at a really fast rate, that Brickwood Café (the posh yellow painted one) opened up down there the other month. I hope some of those Somalian run Cafe's don't get affected as they bring a bit of lively character to that area.

I do hope the Art & Craft place does well, I'm not a massive Craft Beer fan myself so can't say I will be using the shop much but I do vaguely know one of the owners as he use to own Perfect Blend many years ago, is Streatham bred and is a nice guy who seems to be doing very well with his Art & Craft business.

10. sw16er

sw16er New Member

I'm looking forward to this place opening next year, the new Streatham Space Project theatre. It's already built, it's at the back of the new Megabowl flats development on Streatham Hill.

Join Us