Streatham news, rumour and general chat

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Feb 15, 2016.

1. lang rabbie

lang rabbie Je ne regrette les gazebos

BusLanes likes this.
  2. nick

nick Pleomorphic Adenomas R us

Well rookfest wasn't exactly over-subscribed. But was a lovely afternoon and both Meatraffle and pre-goblin superb - definitely worth £10 (;)).
    And beer was only £4 per pint - which is good in London, nevermind in an outdoor event these days

editor and BusLanes like this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

I thought the bill looked great, albeit priced a bit too high for what was on offer, IMO.

Did you take any pics?

4. nick

Not sure this captures the sheer size of the crowd. This was shortly before there was a request for everyone in the audience to take one step back to avoid crush injuries.
    Apologies for the poor quality: it was taken with a phone and I was experiencing challenges to my coordination at this stage

Attached Files:

5. editor

editor hiraethified

Blimey that is quiet. Shame. If they'd charged £3 or something they probably would have made more money - or even made it free and hassled for donations. Pregoblin are great, aren't they?

6. nick

Tbf it was a bit busier at the front once Meatraffle got going - and I loved pre-goblin once I’d got over the surprise of the level of “disco-ness” in the music. Both bands managed to get the punters up on stage.

We can disagree about pricing policy: I still thought it good value and I don’t know if anyone stayed away because of the pricing = suspect it was more due to low profile marketing and no one knowing about it.
    Personally I will spread the word and hope to go again. Especially if they have that kind of band (although it may be a bit left field for many potential punters)

7. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

I stayed away because of the price, and I found it a bit difficult to find out what was going on.

We just ended up going to Brockwell for a stroll about, but if there had been something on at a fiver, I might have taken a chance on it.

8. nick

Fair enough - so perhaps pricing was a factor - though we seem aligned re publicity levels