1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stockwell Grosvenor pub under threat from luxury development - lodge your objections quickly please

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 17, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The Grosvenor as we know it may well have disappeared for good, but there's still a chance that the building could reopen as a pub if Golfrate's plans to build luxury flats above is stopped in its tracks.

[​IMG]

Lambeth turned them down last year and now they're back with an identical proposal - and there's only two days left to object.

Read the full story here and lodge your comments on the Lambeth planning website. There was just four objections when I posted up the Buzz story but I've facebooked/Tweeted to fuck and it's up to 25 now. Please add your own objection if you'd like this pub to live on.

Dexter Deadwood likes this.
  2. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

41 objections now, thanks for publicising this !

editor likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think I know more than a few of the objectors :)

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

as long as you're not a few of the objectors there should be no objection ;)

5. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

This is back again. Just received this email from Lambeth because I commented on the above.

This letter notifies you that a proposed development you have commented on is due to be considered by the council’s Planning Applications Committee.

Site:

The Grosvenor Arms 17 Sidney Road London Lambeth SW9 0TP

Proposed Development:

Change of use of the upper floors of the Public House (Use Class A4) to residential (Use Class C3), involving the erection of single storey extensions at the first floor level including the formation of balconies with privacy screens at first and second floor levels to provide 4 self- contained residential units. Erection of a single storey ground floor rear infill extension to the public house and installation of a roof cover over the existing rear yard.

Applicant:

I refer to my recent letter acknowledging your comments on this proposal and I can now inform you that the application is due to be considered by the Council’s Planning Applications Committee on 29 November 2016 The meeting starts at 7.00pm, please check the council website and PAC agenda for confirmation of the venue.

The recommendation for this application is to Pending Section 106 Obligation. A summary of your comments and any others received will be reported to the Committee, which you are also welcome to attend.

Please find enclosed a document explaining what happens at the Planning Applications Committee and how you can take part.

Regards,

Lambeth Planning

6. Cooper42

Cooper42 Member

I got this too.

What does "Pending Section 106 Obligation" mean?

Does it mean this will be approved if the developer pays some Section 106 cash?

7. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Yes, but that can either be local amenities (transport, infrastructure, schools etc.) but more likely a chunk of 106 funds to Lambeth's general coffers to use as they want.

8. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

106 is to blame for all the unwanted planning deals in Lambeth IMO.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They've been turned down again. Ha haaa!

If only they could make those cunts put back the interior they so gleefully trashed...

10. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 13.56.51.png

Yeah. I can see that.

editor likes this.
  11. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

Good news. The interesting thing about this one is the planning committee said the development could harm the viability of the pub on the ground floor, which I've never heard before. Apparently this is contrary to the local plan. It didn't stop other similar developments which left empty pubs on the ground floor however (such as the Loughborough Hotel, The Russell Hotel, the Plough, Paulet Arms etc) - so is this a new thing?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

editor likes this.