Stockton-on-Tees - news, photos, discussion

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by Boudicca, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Boudicca

Boudicca Seaside Queen

I have a Syrian refugee staying with me at the moment via Refugees at Home. He's a really smart bloke in his late 30s who speaks good English and used to work in tourism before he was bombed out of his home country.

He has decided that Bournemouth isn't financially viable for him, so he is going back to Stockton, where he was sent initially by the Home Office and where he can get a cheap flat.

He's very focused and will definitely make his way up the food chain, but he's also very lonely and isolated. He loves outdoorsy stuff, we've been out walking a fair bit and he has been generally good company.

So I'm wondering if there is anyone up north who could take him under their wing a little?

2. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

My home town - but not been back for donkeys.

I don't know what the place is like nowadays, but there are lots of lovely countryside/coastal bits nearby. Hope he gets settled and sorted soon, and finds a peaceful life free from hassle and abuse (the 'red door' thing was in the Boro I think).

Thimble Queen likes this.
  3. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

I wish him Good Luck ! and as farmerbm says - there's plenty of coast and countryside (and tourism) quite near.

E2A - I'm not close enough to be able to help.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus