stephen lawrence centre has its windows smashed

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by bluestreak, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Shango12

Shango12 Banned Banned

I also grew up in the same area as Stephen Lawrence and, although i don't remember him, I was, apparently, at the same college and the same department as him, but i do remember his brother and the words, "total" and "wanker"spring to mind. There was in that college a "Student Hall" with various table games, pool, table-tennis, table football, and other things and in all of the 2 and a half years there, i never saw a non-black person in there. There was a atmosphere of Black bullying and racism at that college and lots of no-go areas for non-blacks in that college. Although i don't know if Stephen Lawrence was a active racist he certainly enjoyed the fruits of Black racism and used that Student Hall and the other no go areas. Now having put him done i have to spring to his defence, I never heard of Stephen Lawrence being a drug-dealer i find the idea ludicrous and probably started by the people that killed him, who i have known of and believe me, are some the vile-iists nasty people you could meet they were just plain nasty bullies!

As for the building, it exclusive not inclusive and there could be nothing better designed to wind up the local already alienated indigenous population, :rolleyes:

2. Melinda

Melinda Kama roa, efshar livloa?

Are you talking about Blackheath Bluecoat?

3. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

No you didn't shango.

4. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

hmmm :hmm:

5. JHE

JHE .

Apparently, Mr Plod is looking for three suspects, two white ones and one black one.

Two of the suspects are described as white, between 16 and 18 years old, wearing plain dark hooded tops.

The third is described as a light-skinned black man in his late teens or early twenties and shorter than the other two suspects. He was wearing a dark hat and had facial hair.​

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3376209.ece

Make of that what you will.

The Vandal community is vibrant and diverse?

Diversity is a strength. Celebrate.

6. Shango12

Shango12 Banned Banned

Stephen Lawrence was from Plumstead, i was from Eltham and lived, as a teenager, a very few streets from where he was murdered, off Westmount Rd, his younger brother's name was Stuart. Why the disbelief?:confused::confused:

And the college was Woolwich College

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

Winking smiley=sarcastic and knowing remark in this case...

8. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

9. polo

polo Well-Known Member

I have often walked past that new building as it was being built over the past couple of years. I always wondered what it was going to be. It certainly had a touch of the architects about it. Now I know.

I have also had rocks thrown at me some of the feral children who see it as their playground. They are quite big on graffitti around there. The path and walls under the DLR are regular targets. They seem to like lighting fires as well. There are a lot of CCTV cameras around there, for all the good they do.

Now it could be that the anniversary of the MacPherson report was prominent in their diaries and they decided to make a political statement in an act of vandalism. It could have been organised and specifically targetted.

Or it could be that they just saw something bright and shiny that would be good fun to smash.

One thing is certain, putting the moniker 'racist attack' on the incident is likely to ensure it gets diligent attention from the Plod. These matters are so classified if a victim or anyone else considers the incident to be racist.

This policy was one of the recommendations of the MacPherson report so it then provides both the reason (the anniversary) and defines the response.

I do hope that building will benefit the local wider community, otherwise they should really have designed a fortress. It is rough around there, they burnt the last building on that site to the ground. That whole area is being redeveloped, there will be lots of nice new yuppie flats and a big tower block in a couple of years. If existing nearby developments are anything to go by, it will be a gated community.

I do hope the new centre will produce architects who go on to design something other than gated community bolt holes for Canary Wharf types on sites across South London. That would mean the response to one type of exclusion encourages another, which I am sure was not quite what they have in mind.:confused:

10. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Libel courts are a rich persons playground. How were they to fund the case? This was just a bullying excercise undertaken because "everyone knows they did it". I keep asking what the evidence was that convinced people "they did it" but get no answers.

:)

11. chico enrico

chico enrico No hair shows you care.

TC, i must say that documentary on tv where they showed some of the hidden camera footage of some of them bragging to each other about the murder, then back-tracking when one reminded the the rest to be on their guard as the gaff might be bugged was enough for me. unless they were members of some anti-facist theatre project rehearsing a play i can't really see what else they could have been doing?

anyway, Drink soon? Long time no see. :)

12. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Hi Chico, I recollect them bragging about stabbing people but not bragging about stabbing SL. I am pretty certain that the bunch are racist, violent men who don't hesitate to dish out.

13. chico enrico

chico enrico No hair shows you care.

yea, but wasn't there a big hoo-ha cos Norris's gangster dad had paid some copper to destroy evidence or something. surely is there wasn't any evidence in the first place there would have been nothing that needed destroying?

just curious, likes, i really dont know a great deal bout the case other that what i saw on the news etc.

14. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

I heard a similar story to this one...only it came out of the mouth of Nick Griffin and he didn't add the pretence of having lived in Eltham.

15. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

16. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Doreen Lawrence was on the radio this morning, trying to draw a line under the whole thing, saying the police should Now close their investigations.
    what a dignified woman.