stephen lawrence centre has its windows smashed

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by bluestreak, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

I was misled by this also. :)

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

Given the lack of accuracy elsewhere in that post I'm shocked and appalled at your fact checking today Rutita :p

3. CharlieAddict

CharlieAddict nekomimi rocks!!!

so...was he a drug dealer?

4. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Who, Dave Norris?

5. CharlieAddict

nah, i meant stephen lawrence.
    cos for the last 4 or 5 years, or whenever the subject of this case comes up - someone (in conversation) always say he was a dealer of some sorts.

i have googled it but that particular story seems to come up on the same crappy site.

nevermind, it's probably balls anyway.

6. Melinda

Melinda Kama roa, efshar livloa?

Perhaps that says more about you and the people you consort with than Stephen Lawrence?

Smearing a murdered teen.

*two thumbs up*

7. CharlieAddict

...it's 'a murdered black teen.'

and who said anything about smearing? just asking a question about a rumour that's pretty popular around here.

and get off your high horse.

*two thumbs up and a pat on the head*

8. Melinda

You have a point, but I could only find Nick Griffin making it.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...-was-not-murdered-by-racists---name_page.html

Another report here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/18/nbnp18.xml

The only drug dealer involved in this story is Clifford Norris, father of David Norris, one of the five accused of killing Stephen. Better check the sources of your 'popular rumours.'

9. CharlieAddict

thanks for that.

(like i said, the rumours were more based on conversations and they have been going on for years. not my intention to smear).

10. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

i don't read it as bad as that.

but i do wonder if, for example, that local floating support services for young people are able to use it as a drop in centre or a facility to use and engage with difficult to reach young people.

these can be quite thin on the ground - and engaging with young people is the place to start. anything that helps with that is good imo.

thats kids from the entire community as well - this could be a very positive building.

11. Rutita1

Sorry to have disappointed you. :(

*hangs head in shame*:p

12. Rutita1

Around where exactly?

13. CharlieAddict

london - tottenham, brixton, tooting bec, kent (bromley and eltham) and heard it at work in victoria.

e2a - just surprised how not so many of you have heard this one.

14. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

I've heard the same rumours, can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere though. No idea whether there is any truth in it or not.

15. TopCat

I have heard the rumours too but tend to think they are bollocks.

16. kyser_soze

Does it matter? Racists will seize upon it as an example of injustice; the DailyMail types will mutter about PC-ness; anti-racism groups will treat it as an example of shocking racism; and someone, somewhere, will find an angle to get some money from it.

He's a talisman, a cypher - even if it were true that he was a bully or a dealer this wouldn't alter the narratives for those who care - for the racists it would vindicate them, for the DM crowd it would lead to a round of 'told you so's and the Lawrence group would use it as a moral story for how he was trying to work himself away from that lifestyle into something positive and he still maintains his canonical status - if anything, and if it were true and the press was handled correctly, he'd be even more lionized as a tragic, pointless death.

FWIW I think they're bollocks as well...

17. Melinda

NP, Im HTH.

Im from the South East London/ Kent borders and know the areas involved intimately. Ive also experienced first hand the lengths, machinations/ contortions/ suspensions of disbelief to which people go in order to remove the 'racist' part of Stephen's murder or to smear Stephen and his parents. Its nasty stuff.

Eltham, Welling, Bexleyheath, parts of Greenwich were rife with it at the time and in subsequent years. I thought it had died down.

One rumour I heard was Stephen was alive in Jamaica escaping a drug charge and his parents were making shit loads of money from compensation and TV interviews.

18. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

19. TopCat

he lives with elvis in the sky.

20. Rutita1

21. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

Indeed I did, I remember that poster well. I'm not saying the rumours are true, just that we'd had the same discussion before.

22. kyser_soze

Blimey, I remember it...

23. Rutita1

Topcat has just bumped it to say that he collects his drugs from his dealer at a bus stop....it's like new evidence that SL was a drug dealer.:hmm:

*locked now. :)

24. TopCat

I don't think that at all you smearing cunt.

25. TopCat

Read the thread ruttmoron.

26. Rutita1

NIceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You speak just like your friends. :D

27. Melinda

What's with the insults? :confused:

STFC linked to the thread, but why bump it?

28. Rutita1

I did, I have....so what was your point exactly?
    Bump a 4 year old thread.
    Then post that you pick up your drugs at a bus stop.
    You are not making sense. :confused:

29. Rutita1

Oh! another? :D

30. TopCat

I am rather annoyed because fuckface above has asserted that I put forward a view sugegsting that SL was a drug dealer. It's complete bollocks as anyone who actually read the thread would have realised. Consequently i think he/she has just tried to smear me. A cunts trick pure and simple.

As for this bumping business, I can and will bump what I want. When I read the last posts on the thread STFC linked to I had relevant information, particulary as I have just rang my dealer and will be meeting him at a Thornton Heath bus stop later this afternoon.