1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statement from Meadow Residential re: Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Kevin Rye, Nov 6, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yep. And it makes you wonder to what end? They're fucking coy when it comes to answering questions about other finances, but they're quick to blab away to the press their unverified claim about wages. This fucking stinks.

2. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

"Kevin Rye was last seen: 30 minutes ago"

We know you're reading, Kevin. So fancy backing up some of those whoppers in your statement?

editor likes this.
  3. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

A manager asks for what he thinks he needs and the money people agree or disagree. Whatever the figures, no manager can ever be blamed for the financial issues. If salaries are offered and accepted then any problems are caused by those who agreed to them.

Abanico, Noss, Christian Burt and 3 others like this.
  4. Kevin Rye

Kevin Rye New Member

As I said in another thread and on twitter, I'm just rounding up answers to questions that have been asked as a result, and will get back to you soon. Cheers!

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have to say for someone who is presumably being paid to act in your self-declared role as an expert in Structured Dialogue and Supporter Communications, you seem to be failing to comprehend one of the basics of social media engagement: replies are supposed to be quick, and not slowly put together like you're writing some long letter to a newspaper or a distant aunt.

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

it's being cobbled together by some dilletante hack

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Are you selling your services to them on the grounds you have some particular credibility? 'Cause I reckon you've fucked that already.

Cheers!

Lucy Fur and Pickman's model like this.
  8. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Rye is working for Meadow? Is he joking? Good grief.

Edit: language

YTC and Pickman's model like this.
  9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I’d prefer measured and accurate answers tbh

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If - for whatever reason - he's incapable of promptly answering relevant, direct questions posed to him by the fans he's supposed to be engaging with, then perhaps he should remove any claim to be an expert on social media engagement.

Rule 1 of social media: respond quickly.

11. .not helpful so deleted

Pickman's model likes this.
  12. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

aw :(

not-bono-ever likes this.
  13. sorry, it was sarcasm too far

Pickman's model likes this.
  14. YTC

YTC Human Man

Care to give us your view on his involvement at Hereford?

editor likes this.
  15. Son of Roy

Son of Roy This time next year we'll be millionaires

We need Nick McCormack to get this well supported and sustainable club back from Meadows Residential, agree a valuation and start to sell part ownership bonds to the fans so the club can transition to supporter ownership over a period of time. Modify the building so the 3 levels are not linked and separately owned by DHFC subsidiaries to reduce the property tax. We can do this.

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Meadow still hold the option on Nicks shares as we understand it, so he can't do anything like the above. Meadow have us hamstrung with a gun to our head.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Now this is priceless stuff from Kevin's own website:

18. Lyham

Lyham Well-Known Member

Not today then?

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He's a busy man. No time for Structured Dialogue and Supporter Communications with lowly Hamlet fans today.

20. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Is there any timescale on how long it actually takes to structure some dialogue? Maybe we should all come back later?

21. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

To be quite honest I don't recall the ins and outs of his involvement. He was instrumental in helping set up the Supporter's Trust and my memory is that he was pushing for a fan-owned club, and that he began to distance himself when it became clear that that wasn't what we were going to end up with (the people leading on the Trust ended up jumping ship to form the club's board and we've been left with a hollowed-out ST with no power, but that is another tale). I think it's fair to say that views on him were decidedly mixed at the time, but there was quite a lot of shady business involved with the setting up of the new club (not from him, I hasten to add).

I'm totally gobsmacked to see him actively working against football supporters on this, really astonishing.

darryl and pompeydunc like this.
  22. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Very sad to see this. Give us planning permission or we fold was what caused 20 odd years of exile for Maidstone United. Really really hope history is not repeating itself at Dulwich. Also hope someone is thinking about contingencies for such a well supported club with so much potential.

darryl, clog and SDE like this.
  23. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member