1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statement from Meadow Residential re: Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Kevin Rye, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Kevin Rye

Kevin Rye New Member

2. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. YTC

YTC Human Man

Fantastic structured dialogue

editor likes this.
  4. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

How much are Meadow paying you, Kevin?

editor likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Given that your self proclaimed role is all about fan engagement why are you making so little effort here?

If I was to mark your Structured Dialogue and Supporter Communications skills right now, you'd be hitting a round 1/10. You've come over as lazy and disinterested in the fans.

6. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

:thumbs: (note: to responses not the statement)

7. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Kevin, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and just written:

Give us what we want or the club will perish.

StephenMac, iamwithnail and editor like this.
  8. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

You don't think other property speculators have tried this approach with a Council
    Rarely seen it so blatant, but never seen it succeed

meadows Image8.jpg

9. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Meadow must be paying you a small fortune for being the lightning conductor for their avaricious shitgibbonry, Kevin.

Is it worth it? Can't be good for your reputation.

editor, darryl, NPDHFC and 1 other person like this.
  10. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

If only Meadows/other owners had, at some point, shared the books like the supporters trust have been asking for five years. Then we wouldn't have to take it on trust that the finances are unstable.

Eta: I see Mishi has covered this more fully (and accurately) in his post in the other thread!

editor and StephenMac like this.
  11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Like the song, And it's low lies fielded by Kevin Rye...

12. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

tldr

Dear Southwark,

Give us our planning or we will push DHFC out of business,

Thanks

Property Company

13. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

and added "wha wha wha whaaaaa!" at the end

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He hasn't bothered replying. He must be too busy attending to more pressing Structured Dialogue and Supporter Communications matters elsewhere.

StephenMac likes this.
  15. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I'm happy to meet up with Kevin for some 'Structured Dialogue' South London stylie, just name the time and place ;)

16. darryl

He's probably off bidding for work with the Oystons, Roland Duchatelet or Mike Ashley...

17. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

No doubt his valuable contribution will be added to the clubs expenditure as PR.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  18. that is a shocking ransom note.

19. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Which bits of the stadium were unusable previously?

editor likes this.
  20. darryl

21. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Full disclosure and breakdown of all costs and income please Kevin Rye

I think (in fact I'm convinced) that there are costs being apportioned that do not directly relate to the running costs of DHFC.

Matt The Cab, editor and iamwithnail like this.
  22. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

This supposed wage bill of £8k a week leading to an annual loss of £170k sounds very fishy indeed. Only last month it appears to have been £5k a week, and the annual loss was £150k according to the comprehensive article in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dulwich-hamlet-future-southwark-council-developers-champion-hill-green-dale-meadow-partners-gavin-a7994291.html

If Meadow are paying £8k a week the obvious solution is to cut that to £5k, still very generous for our level, saving around £150k a year. But if the club is breaking even and flourishing nicely in the current ground there's little obvious need for the new one, leaving aside the fact that it does need upgrading in a number of areas at considerable cost due to insufficient maintenance being carried out since it first opened. I simply don't trust anything they tell us. We don't know how the figures stack up because they don't disclose any details - for all we know the club could be perfectly viable as it is, but if that's the case it doesn't suit their vested interests.

editor and EDC like this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't think it's right that a structured dialogue and supporter communications person can just invent figures and not back them up.

That's the kind of shifty practice that only an unstructured dialogue and supporter incommunications person would do.

blueheaven likes this.
  24. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

It was a fucking liberty revealing to the world what our wage bill is, whatever the figure. I'm pretty sure Gavin would rather that wasn't in the public domain.

editor and Matt The Cab like this.
  25. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

upload_2017-11-7_13-38-12.png

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  26. Kevin Rye

Kevin Rye New Member

27. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Care to actually start answering them?

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Gavin himself put a figure in the public domain when interviewed by Jack Pitt-Brooke for the Independent. It just wasn't the same figure Meadow are now quoting!

Lucy Fur and iamwithnail like this.
  29. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Boo-Rye-Ay

30. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Indeed he did. Kevin Rye let me know when you have the breakdown old chap. I'm looking forward to a spot of financial analysis.