1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staines Town v Dulwich Hamlet (Sat 14 Oct, 3pm)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Oct 12, 2017.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

- Wheatsheaf Park, Staines, TW11 2PD.

- Trains from Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction (not Oyster).

- 203 bus from Hatton Cross tube (if you'd rather use Oyster).

- this is the extent of my knowledge about going to Staines Town FC.

2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

darryl and YTC like this.
  3. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  4. clog

clog have that you c

We are on the slow bus to Staines from Hatton Cross. Woo!

iamwithnail and darryl like this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think I'm going to make this one on account of the fact I wasn't partying till around noon for a change. I was in bed at 4am. Early!

#healthyliving

iamwithnail likes this.
  6. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Allasani on our bench today is an interesting pick up. Very highly rated at one point, an England youth teamer whilst at Palace and Chelsea were looking at him.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well that was a frustrating 1-1 draw with their equaliser being gifted them via a DOH! defensive moment.

Good turnout of Hamlet fans though. Whatever happened to the Staines fans that used to being along banners?

8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Allasani looked good, has he signed or have we got him while he gets match fit from his ACL recovery?

I thought the draw was a ok result but switching off after scoring is not good.

9. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Thought Allasini looked promising too. Think we know better than to read too much into an England U-16, ex-Palace player though.

YTC, clog, darryl and 1 other person like this.
  10. clog

clog have that you c

Wasn’t that impressed with Allassani but he didn’t get very long on the pitch so I’ll reserve judgement. I thought we were lucky to draw, they were all over us first half and our goal was a bit of a fluke against the run of play.

11. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

All over us yet Preston never made a meaningful save. Nyren had at least 3 chances that he should have scored and their goal came from a mistake and a deflection that took the ball into the path of the forward. Their keeper also made more saves than Preston.
    As for Allassani he was playing his first competitive game in 18 months so thought he was pretty good. If he gets fully fit he is way above Bostik League level. Saw him in a behind closed doors friendly and he will cause sides problems.
    Also we have so many big players out that we are putting less than fully fit players on the bench with little option up front.
    That's why football is so great, we watched the same game and have a totally different view of the game.

Pink Panther, Poids and AveryDave like this.
  12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Nyren's 90th goal - should be on for 100 by the end of the Season if he remains injury free

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. Dulwich Mishi

The post-match ice baths are becoming more common in non-league, a ,sort of, 'modern sports science' benefit thing. Personally speaking, I'd love it to catch on at Champion Hill! ;)

As for the 'Staines dossier' you joked about, it's hardly 'Don Revie'....that is the box that hold the electronic substitution boards, as supplied by the League.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You are aware that much of what I post isn't actually serious? It's about finding fun in the game, not about endless dull facts.

clog likes this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Yes of course I'm aware you're not always serious... even I wouldn't believe it's a dossier. I was merely pointing it out in case anyone was wondering what it actually was...

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't think people look too deeply into my match reports. Well, apart from divot inspectors, shed examiners and perhaps condiment table quality assessors.

18. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

If ice baths catch on can those cycling machines that have appeared in the likes of rugby union be far behind?

19. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab New Member

I must say I found the double divot a rarity.... I also quite liked the corrugated iron shot. Not sure what happened to this as it was all over the place when I was growing up

editor likes this.
  20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Just seen this sticker on a post while walking up from Denmark Hill station towards the ground.
    DSC_4630-01.jpeg

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

Was a big fan of the vinegar in a spray bottle tbf. Al Crane

Al Crane likes this.
  22. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

This is also how vinegar is dispensed in the 'unofficial' Dulwich Hamlet Fish Bar. I think this should be made the sole malt vinegar delivery method by law.

23. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

You won't be aware of this but this was exactly the subject of a recent debate...

#vinegargate

YTC likes this.
  24. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Bullshit. A spray means the shop uses less vinegar.

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How very dare they.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Trouble is, the spray method means more physical exertion per ml of vinegar dispensed.

27. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

sorry are people arguing against a spraying method on grounds of greater efficiency/ economy?

I think we can all agree that what one looks for is a complete coverage of vinegar on the chip. Also the physical exertion thing is neither here nor there when your about to eat several thousand kcal of starch and fat.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's all cosmetic and show with little delivery of the malt stuff.

I want the chips trapped in a min-ocean of vinegar, and only once the chips are sufficiently soaked can a hole be made in the bottom of the wrapper to release a mini waterfall. Fuck your artisan on-trend spray dispenser for posing hipsters.

29. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

And while we’re at it, why these days do you always have to wait for chips to be cooked. I hate fresh chips, I want them sitting there for ages.

Dulwich Mishi and WillClunas like this.
  30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

GTFO. Fresh chips are always worth the wait. Unless it's half time and the game is about to start.