Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

St George Wharf Tower rises in Vauxhall

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Oh, I wonder if that's the latest building that I noticed the other night. Looked out the window and a new lit up building seemed to have suddenly appeared from nowhere :hmm:

Garek

Living n ADDled chaos
Oh so that's what it is going to be. I drive past there everyday. Me thinks that Nine Elms lane is going to become a lot busier in years to come.

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Oh so that's what it is going to be. I drive past there everyday. Me thinks that Nine Elms lane is going to become a lot busier in years to come.
Well it will be, 'cos that's where they're building the new American Embassy isn't it?

agricola

a genuine importer of owls
and why's there no red lights on it yet? :hmm:
If you walk down the Albert Embankment towards it there are usually a few visible. They have also put some sort of cladding on the bottom bit which makes it look oddly translucent, at least in the early morning.

DJWrongspeed

radio eros
does it have parking spaces? It goes on & on about how sustainable it is but the last thing Vauxhall needs is more traffic. website

It goes on about car clubs but if it has 200 parking spaces underneath they'll get used.

DeadManWalking

Not sure what's happening with Market Towers the beige and brown building opposite which at 21 floors is now dwarfed. From what I hear it's now empty and looks very dated next to St George's tower.

maldwyn

What?
I suppose being close to the new American embassy will up the prices, but who would pay £60 million to live in Vauxhall? :D

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
I suppose being close to the new American embassy will up the prices, but who would pay £60 million to live in Vauxhall? :D
Not sure living close to two of the biggest terrorist targets in Britain (MI6 and the American embassy) is something potential buyers would look in a positive way tbh :p

DJWrongspeed

radio eros
Not sure living close to two of the biggest terrorist targets in Britain (MI6 and the American embassy) is something potential buyers would look in a positive way tbh :p
I think anyone living there is sufficiently divorced from reality that they don't care.