Spursiness 2018/19 season

Discussion in 'football' started by chieftain, Aug 10, 2018.

1. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Here we go. No signings in but no first team players have left.

Looking forward to going to the new White Hart Lane.

COYS

passenger and Badgers like this.
  2. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Is the stadium ready? I passed a couple of days ago and there were a fair few cranes up still

Badgers likes this.
  3. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Is that what it's officially called? I think the all-team pre-season guide I read dubbed it "The Tottenham Stadium", although I'd be surprised if they didn't attach a sponsor name to it to help pay the mortgage.

Badgers likes this.
  4. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Not sure but I'm not going in for any sponsorship name nonsense. Its the new White Hart Lane for me and I think my first visit is for the derby (ticket TBC!).

Badgers likes this.
  5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

i see sissoko's already made an impression: he's fortunate not to face retrospective action

Badgers likes this.
  6. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

7. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Apart from the extra cost of hiring Wembley until Christmas, Spurs could also be in for a fine from the Premier League. The rules are that all sides are obligated to play home games for a season at one venue. They're already starting the season with the maximum number of away games allowed (4), but playing at least two home games at Wembley before moving to the new stadium puts them in the do-do.

Badgers likes this.
  8. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

I didn't know that. I did read it's not going to be ready when they thought so the Liverpool match is going to be at Wembley.

9. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Oh, I see Spurs had already arranged to play their first home match against Fulham at Wembley this coming Saturday thus infringing the Premier League rules as I understand them. I thought they'd asked to play their first four games away from home while the new ground was made ready (West Ham and Liverpool did similar in recent years).

The issue of Spurs (or any other PL club) playing home matches at more than one ground came up a few years ago and the PL were very clear in saying it wasn't on.

Tottenham told Premier League home matches must all be at one ground

10. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

like they'll get in any trouble.

They sent private investigators to go through bins, the premises holding up the redevelopment had a mysterious fire. PL rules??? Ha, they shit em.

11. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

The atmosphere creating sub woofers to compensate for lack of atmosphere were placed inside the wrong walls and need to be replaced.

Casual Observer and Badgers like this.