1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sponsored Walk Saturday 22nd April

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

On Saturday 22nd April there will be a sponsored walk from Champion Hill Stadium to the Harry Abrahams Stadium, before we play our last Ryman League fixture away to Wingate & Finchley.

It is a fundraiser for the 'Inter City 125' campaign, which I am sure most of you know is aiming to raise enough money to take The Hamlet First Team squad to Germany next year, for a two-game pre-season tour, culminating in a special 125th anniversary match at our good friends from Hamburg, namely Altona 93.

This walk will leave Champion Hill at 9.00am & the distance is around twelve miles, and at a general three-miles-an-hour pace should take around four hours.

This is a walk that firmly belongs under the heading 'charity begins at home'...and being very conscious that there are thousands of people all over London who don't even have a home, or a home they can call their own, we have decided that all of the money raised from the walk will be split down the middle, half and half, with our own 'Inter City 125' initiative & the much respected national homelessness charity Shelter.

If you would like to support both causes, then I [Mishi Morath, the person selling the '50/50' tickets] will have sponsorship forms for you to take away at the next three home games, if you would like to take part.

Tomorrow: Home v. Needham Market.
    Tuesday: Home v. Barkingside.
    Next Saturday: Home v. Macclesfield Town.

In anticipation, thank you all who consider this.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Blitzwalker and Noss like this.
  3. Dulwich Mishi

You can still pick up sponsor forms for this from me on Saturday....

4. Dulwich Mishi

all to nah and EDC like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

It's not too late to consider walking to Wingate & Finchley on Saturday week.

If you want to, and require a sponsorship form, just private message me on this forum with your home address & I will pop it in the post to you.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  6. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

How many people coming with us so far Mishi? Are we looking at an 8 or 9 a.m. start from Champion Hill?

7. Dulwich Mishi

It will be an 8.00am leave, for a group photo! ;)

About a dozen or so...more welcome!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  8. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

I'll be there with 1 or 2 others!

9. Blitzwalker

Will be there. So far £338 pledged but hopeful to get a bit more before the day.

10. Dulwich Mishi

Wow!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  11. Blitzwalker

I have a lot of gullible friends!

the 12th man likes this.
  12. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Any sergetions on footwear.

13. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Football boots

Pink Panther and EDC like this.
  14. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Make sure whatever you wear is comfortable and tried and tested. I hope to do this (depends on work) but would wear running shoes.

15. Blitzwalker

Attached Files:

16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EDC and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  17. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

18. Dulwich Mishi

No idea, could you try again, I can only guess because maybe it reached the 'target'?

19. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Nope still doesn't work

IMG_1449.PNG

20. Dulwich Mishi

Thank you. I do not understand these sites. I have just verified something or the other, it might take 24 hours, according to what the website said. fucking useless. I shall have a good old fashioned sponsor form on Thursday at Cray Valley (Paper Mills).

Cheers for bringing it to my attention...

21. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

22. Dulwich Mishi

Griff_Turnstile : Apparently I had to click on something called 'withdraw' to allow any more sponsorship money to go to my account on this website. I had no idea about this, as I have never used this sort of website before, and I didn't realise this.

I have just done this, and hopefully it should be able to use in the next 24 hours.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to sponsor me in this way.

23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Seems to be working now...

24. Dulwich Mishi

25. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  26. Dulwich Mishi

Make that sponsor me Saturday...thanks for the offer...

27. Dulwich Mishi

Blitzwalker likes this.
  28. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Whereabouts at champion hill? Out side players entrance?

29. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Thanks to the bloke Mishi and me were speaking to just as we left The Joiners, he dropped me £20 as a contribution when I told him.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  30. Dulwich Mishi

Got to say...taking doing the walk aside, a lot of people thanked me yesterday for arranging the walk. In truth I didn't do much at all. When the fixtures came out last July the last away game being in London made the walk an obvious thing to do.

I have no idea what the final total will be, and probably won't for a few weeks yet, as sponsorship is collected. I know at least one person did the walk just for Shelter, which was fine by me, and at least three people who joined in...just to support people on the walk, but not raising sponsorship.

A total of 25 fans took part, and no matter if they raised one penny or one hundred pounds I would like to thank them all, if I can have the liberty to do so.

I, personally, didn't set myself a target, a couple of hundred quid at most, as the majority of my 'circle of friends' are from Champion Hill, so didn't try to push hard as I thought other walkers would tap people out. I set up a 'donation page' on the internet, as well as people giving me sponsorship in cash.

Yesterday people were coming up to me and putting notes & coins into my hands...including two who did the walk, but chose to sponsor me as 'their contribution' as they hadn't raised money! One fan even thrust a bullseye into my hand, without sounding too soppy I don't know how I stopped a tear or two at that point, and not just from the pain of my plates!

Today I am walking slowly, hurting a little, and certainly won't be able to 'run for a bus' for a day or two...but as the old saying goes 'no pain, no gain'! I have just looked at my on-line giving page, and it's gone mental! Including what I was given yesterday I think I will have raised eight hundred pounds in total. I hope you won't take that as me 'showing off' or anything...it's more to say thank you, once more, to everyone who has sponsored someone.

Roll on July 2018....Altona here we come! :D:thumbs:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    Jules P, AndyF, Scrooge and 8 others like this.