South Norwood news and chat

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Manuka, May 8, 2014.

1. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

The South Norwood Woodcraft Folk is one of three potential beneficiaries on the Tesco Bags of Help thing - where you put a token in a box - across Croydon. It’s on now until the end of February.

They are supposed to be in all the Tesco branches, including the big one at Thornton Heath (and the Purley superstore) and all the Tesco Express branches. (Although they are not in the branch next to the Portland Arms!).

Please ask for a token, find the boxes, and vote for us.

And if there aren’t any boxes, ask why. And then let me know. :)

If anyone needs to know anything about the Woodcraft Folk ask me, or go to www.woodcraft.org.uk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

3. se25 resident

se25 resident Member

1. Cafe Nico has opened next to the Craft Beer shop on Selhurst Road. Excellent little cafe, that does an excellent brunch.

Cafe Nico (@NicoCafeSe25) on Twitter

2. New library / flats also taking shape on Station Road.

3. Work has started on the demolition / redevelopment of the horrible building at the Clifford Road entrance to Norwood Junction. Due to complete in March 2020.

Guineveretoo likes this.
  4. crojoe

crojoe Member

They just need to sort out cleaning Stanger Road now...

5. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

this group are organising community actions including street cleans People for Portland Road

6. crojoe

crojoe Member

good to know, thanks :thumbs:

7. Guineveretoo

There was a group calling itself Litter Picking Friends of South Norwood, but their facebook page has disappeared, so I am not sure what has happened :(

But, anecdotally, fly tipping seems to be getting much worse in South Norwood :( I spotted loads just now, between my house and Portland Road - a very small area.

8. Guineveretoo

That is a weird rehash of this article, and makes no sense at all. It is virtually impossible to read.

if anyone wants to know what is going on, try reading some mainstream media - CPS mulls charges over burning effigy of Grenfell Tower

And I wish you would stop posting up huge photos of the event - they are unhelpful and irrelevant and make it difficult to scroll through the thread! :(

9. Guineveretoo

A group of families and friends of young people lost to knife crime have started an awareness campaign in Croydon with blue ribbons tied to fences, trees and sign posts. Look out for them.

Also, if you’re willing to put up a few blue ribbons go to the Stop Knife Crime Facebook page and they’ll give you some.

The South Norwood Woodcraft Folk put some up at South Norwood Lake the other day.

10. GarveyLives

[​IMG]

Reported 'property millionaire' Paul Bussetti, 46, of South Norwood was charged by the Metropolitan Police on Friday 12 April 2019 with two counts of sending/causing to be sent grossly offensive material via a public communications network, contrary to section 127 (1) (a) and (3) of the Communications Act 2003.

He is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Tuesday 30 April 2019.

This follows an investigation into a video posted online that showed a cardboard model of Grenfell Tower being burnt.

After Bussetti was arrested, it emerged he co-owned an £8m block of flats in Clapham, south London, which were said to bring in around £30,000-a-month a rent.

None of the other five men arrested in relation to the same incident have so far been charged. As of 6 November 2019, they were released from police custody and remained on police bail.

11. GarveyLives

I believe that another person may have been hit on the same zebra crossing on Friday 26 April 2019 at around lunchtime (possibly between 1.00 p.m. and 1.15 p.m.).

The gentlemen at the barbershop next to the crossing (or other adjacent business owners) may be able to confirm or clarify.

12. crojoe

crojoe Member

a kid was hit. serious head injuries but recovering well according to a post on FB.

editor likes this.