1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Norwood is the place to be...

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Manuka, May 8, 2014.

1. alfajobrob

alfajobrob Well-Known Member

Without trolling - it's quite funny how areas that wouldn't be considered 25/30/40 years ago are now desirable.

2. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

A lot of people don't see life as one endless competition. Sooner a real community than a rich ghetto. No real thoughts on antic moving in, just annoyed at gentriifers who feel they know what's best for the people who already live in the area.

alfajobrob likes this.
  3. alfajobrob

Antic will do a faux refurb, strip the building to the rafters and charge more for the priviledge of edgy.

Barry43210 and BigMoaner like this.
  4. alfajobrob

It is changing NOW...you only have to look around - so no need to be wilfully blind.

5. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

I'm not too keen on the competition thing either...but it's a fact you can't get away from. You can't just expect others to not want what you want. It doesn't work that way.

6. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

I'm not that familiar with Antic...but I'm guessing it's chain...and chains nice as they might be will never have character.

7. BigMoaner

think rustic, artisan, and a feeling like you've been mugged when you've paid the bill!

Guineveretoo likes this.
  8. BigMoaner

still, it'll probably put another 50-100k on the houses, so terrific. meaning an ever dwindeling number of people will actually be able to live there.

9. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

Bring it on...cash in on the rise...move somewhere with better pubs. Win win.

10. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Oh I think you will find that in some places part of the whole 'regeneration' game is to go into vibrant, culturally diverse areas, systematically price out the very communities that made them interesting places to live in the first place and then sanitize them by building abundant 'cunt hutches' under the guise of affordable housing... That £5 pint and £3 coffee doesn't taste any better and you know it. :)

/unfortunate cunts don't know better
    /ripped off cunts by buy to let landlords and developers
    /more money than sense or lacking social conscience cunts
    /greedy cunts who buy and then sell for ridiculous profits
    /smug, arrogant and decluded cunts who feel like they are winning some big competition and like to brag about it.

passenger likes this.
  11. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

Yeah...like it's just a big conspiracy...somebody is controlling the whole thing with only evil in mind.

12. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

13. alfajobrob

I dunno...I just don't dunno....it's a fucker - you want your area to "improve" always but what does that entail...

I agree with BM about a bit of pride. I clean the beach* where I work. I always pick up others litter in the park. I do this to make the place look nice....I ain't "cleaning for the queen" but think we need to have more responsibility for our environment....

Fuck me - I'm officially old!

foreshore.

14. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

I still can't believe they opened in Wallington tbh, well not opened but took over a soulless pub that was previously a branch of Boots.

15. BigMoaner

Dan U likes this.
  16. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

17. BigMoaner

dont get me started on the litter thing mate :( i'm borderline obsessed. i've reported 3 fly tips this week and litter picked my whole street. i'm 35. I'm turning into a Nigel!

alfajobrob likes this.
  18. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Just takes deluded, self centred fuckers to collude, think their winning some imaginary competition, think their cunt hutches give them some kind of status, like they are suddenly more worthwhile and important, like the world suddenly loves them more and bwoy are there going places!

Everyone else is just bitter and jealous, haven't worked hard enough, don't know the meaning of culture and have nothing to offer the neighbourhood.

19. BigMoaner

20. alfajobrob

Well - you are closer to the ground now so it's to be expected :)

BigMoaner likes this.
  21. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

You need to watch less TV.

22. alfajobrob

I was looking at a place a few years ago then realised I was about 50 yards from Selhurst Park..I couldn't deal with that :)

Bless them.

BigMoaner likes this.
  23. BigMoaner

get down the den this season mate, the goals are flying in. the good times are coming back.

24. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

I don't have one, haven't done for over a decade. Keep up the puerile comebacks and avoid the discussion though it's in keeping with your pointless competitive streak :)

25. alfajobrob

I'd get called a glory hunter though ;)

Or something that rhymes with that - will do and even get my mum to do sandwiches!

BigMoaner likes this.
  26. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

Please revisit your expletive ridden rants and consider if they fit in the 'puerile' category

27. Barry43210

Barry43210 Banned Banned

Come on Rutita it can't take that long to read your own material.

What's the conclusion...peurile or not ?

28. alfajobrob

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  29. Thenorthwood

Thenorthwood Member

Well I'll be pleased when it opens and it looks like I won't have the pleasure of meeting the majority of contributors to this debate. From what I've read elsewhere they will be too busy protesting to allow in more refugees to add to London's population.

30. BigMoaner

go away

SE25 and alfajobrob like this.