Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Motown_ben, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Motown_ben

Motown_ben Well-Known Member

Anyone into this ?

HBO type series (I think) about an outlaw biker gang, think Soprano's with harleys and more leather than you could shake a hot exhaust pipe at :D

Iv just started the first series and only really watched episode one, Iv heard a lot of ghood things about it (especially series 2) so fingers crossed. Initial thoughts are that I think I could really enjoy this. Some decent actors in it at least.

what do urbans think of it?

2. stupid dogbot

stupid dogbot Haughty and Superior

It's great.

Thread here.

3. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

we persevered with the first series due to good reports here, but came to the conclusion it was laughably bad. haven't bothered continuing...

4. Motown_ben

2 very different posts lol

I will check that other thread too cheers

5. stupid dogbot

Each to their own, eh? :)

6. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

still waiting on season 3.

7. stupid dogbot

September the 7th, US air, apparently.

I so wanted EZ to get it. :mad:

8. JWH

JWH Fnord Fiesta XR3i

It's not laughably bad but it's just not good enough to be worth making much of an effort to see it, imho. I'd watch it if I had the boxed set lying around but I can't be arsed tracking it down. It's a shame - it should be good material.

9. Motown_ben

Im gonna stick it through the first season iv decided (unless its really terrible)

Il probably get a chance to watch a couple over the weekend so i might report back on my findings afte that.

10. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

I watched the first season, i was hanging on by the end, First season of #2 - no thanks. Laughable.

11. DotCommunist

It is actually a good look at a demarchic criminal organisation- the stuff with Jaxx's dads vision and the route taken by the MC under the guidance of Massive-Jaw is genuinely interesting. My only complaint is that the mexican bikers (the Mayans) are not really given much life, the fucking aryans are painted in more depth

when they shoot the nazi rapist and he looks at them and asks 'my son never sees?' before he gets his desserts is great. The cunt was given a bit of depth.

12. Motown_ben

Watched the 2nd episode last night, thought it was ok, pretty enjoyable in parts actually. Theres a few things which dont quite feel right and are maybe annoyng me a touch but il bear with it for a while yet. Il get a few more in sometime over the weekend i hope.

13. stupid dogbot

True. They're really just makeweights. Weston's ace, though. Properly scary.

I read an interview with Hank where he said "I only had one transfer added for the show, the tree of life on my throat".

So, the "I KILL NIGGERS" on your chest is real, is it? :eek:

14. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Turnips - big! Swedes - small!

An excellent series, with some outstanding acting. Nothing laughable about it, except for the occasional deliberately humour inserts. Mostly at Sack's expense, it has to be said.

15. stupid dogbot

[​IMG]

I'd run the fuck off, personally.

16. JWH

JWH Fnord Fiesta XR3i

Rollins rocks.

17. DotCommunist

Skinner out of X-Files is also good in it, but with the sort of show-no-weakness front off you get when the gangs face off sometimes only the Sons get painted with the real depth.

The one niners are good

'nigger, nigger, nigger. Say that again and I might not let you leave alive'

18. Motown_ben

Im looking forward to seeing Rollins in it, does he crop up in series 1 or just 2 ?

19. krtek a houby

2. And he's evil.

20. Motown_ben

Yeah he looks pretty bad ass in that pic above.

21. stupid dogbot

Series 3 episode one aired in the US end of last week. Available in the usual places.

22. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

You gave the Doberman speed?

23. trevhagl

trevhagl Famous author , company CEO

first series was good, second series fantastic......it's baffling to think anyone could think otherwise

24. trevhagl

trevhagl Famous author , company CEO

a nazi rapist

lets hope he's not typecast!

25. krtek a houby

It probably hasn't been okayed by the taste police.

26. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

not at all - the taste police seem wildly positive. unfortunately, it's also crap.

27. stupid dogbot

So you keep on saying... no one cares.

28. krtek a houby

I beg to differ. It's one of the best shows on the telly.

29. stupid dogbot

I don't think it's got nearly enough softcore emo vampire snogging for the cool kids, tbh.

Yuwipi Woman and Casually Red like this.
  30. krtek a houby

:)