Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Soft launch parties for Off The Cuff - OTC Bar - in Herne Hill

friendofdorothy

Solidarity against neoliberalism!
did anyone goto the drum'n'bass night they'd advertised? Did it happen?

I agree with the sentiments in this thread on drinks prices, who can afford to go and drink?
no use asking me, my interest in music stopped in about the mid '80s.

and no I can't afford to go and drink as much as I'd like to or as much as I used to.

Tolpuddle

Cooperative council-my arse.
Person objecting on behalf of the noise police is a tory councillor in Kent, as well as a noise enforcer, interesting combination.

It's quite a telling example of a business model that isn't working evolving into something that does. Which I think is a scenario put forward back when it was the subject of robust debate. I.e. If it's genuinely a bad business model it will fail, though if they are paying attention they'll diversify into something that does work.

Also, we lose one music venue and gain another. All told in the context of what's happening in London that's not a bad result.

Last edited:

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
There are at *least* four hats in evidence on the night in question. Look closer...

But looking at the overall number of people that attended, I don't believe that's a statistically significant présence de chapeaux.

As you were.
Four hats? I have looked closely & can only see one. This could be a game!

Are we talking about the same three photos?

CH1

"Red Guard"(NLYL)
And the chances of them getting it? they are currently trying for some temporary licences
https://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/documents/s82030/ANNEX B ARCH 644.pdf
I see the minutes are out for that.

Fans of Progress Labour will be heartened to know that Cllr Matthew Bennett was in the chair. Only two other councillors present - Paul McGlone and Fred Cowell (who he?).

One of the applications was withdraw, and the council issued a "counter notice" about the other (presumably = refused?)

The applicant's representative was minuted as saying this; "The premises licence holder’s representative, Mr Dadds, informed the Sub-Committee that he felt that he had not been able to make a closing submission, have an adequate right of reply of new evidence raised by the responsible authorities, address factual errors, legal issues and that he had been treated unfairly at the meeting."

So, one TENS refused or multiple? I'm a bit confused as to whether this was for the permanent late license or temporary ones.

Suspect they must be regretting their renegade few months.

CH1

"Red Guard"(NLYL)
So, one TENS refused or multiple? I'm a bit confused as to whether this was for the permanent late license or temporary ones.

Suspect they must be regretting their renegade few months.
One was withdrawn and one refused as far as I can see.