1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sod Photoshop

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by motsy, Oct 17, 2014.

1. motsy

motsy PISSHEAD OF THE YEAR

It's alright people wanking on about how wonderful Photoshop is (I've tried it and it's alright) but does anybody apart from me on here use the Xara Photo And Graphic Designer or Paintshop Pro software or other free/cheaper alternatives? BTW I DO NOT use Photoshop for any artworks I might post and I didn't do m avatar on Photoshop either.

2. Dr_Herbz

Dr_Herbz Devil's Advocate Banned

I've been using Photoshop since V4, and I love it. I used to use both Photoshop and Paintshop Pro many years ago but I hated Paintshop Pro. I just couldn't get used to the layout. It was actually better than Photoshop for some things but most of the stuff I was doing was better done in Photoshop.

I think Xara is for people who struggle boiling an egg :D

3. motsy

OI!!!! Xara has quite a following over at Talkgraphics and I happen to have three versions of it and two versions of Paintshop Pro!!!

4. Dr_Herbz

Congratulations... give that person a medal :D

5. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Jesus Christ. Are you actually saying that Xara and Paintshop are superior to Photoshop? Adobe produces a lot of rubbish but PS is a brilliant package. Unrivalled.

6. motsy

No. I agree that PS is the superior and seems to be the standard app but it's price tag puts me off and then there're the monthly subscriptions for cloud storage (you can get a portable external hard drive for less)..
    I'm all for trying it out myself at Manchester Central Library (under limieted conditions) but what if I was to pay the asking price and find out that, after unlimited access, I don't like using it or it's way beyond me?
    That's why I like cheaper, easy to use apps like the ones I use (I didn't do my avatar in Photoshop either and you wouldn't believe me if I told you either).

7. motsy

8. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Just get a free version: http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/adobe-photoshop-for-free-mac-windows-100-legit.304587/

:)

Vintage Paw likes this.
  9. motsy

deleted (wrong forum)

10. motsy

11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Strange. Works for me.

12. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Oh, wait, it was in a restricted forum. 2 secs.

13. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Can you see that OK?

14. motsy

Anyway, what's the catch?

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I use Photoshop a lot, but for I probably use the basic Faststone Capture more every day. Does all I need with no fuss.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Vintage Paw, Cribynkle and Fez909 like this.
  17. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

No catch. It wasn't meant to be public but Adobe don't care. Use it. It's free :)

18. motsy

I'll give it a go but I'd better warn you, ther'll be some very weird stuff over on the photography forum (and that's before I download any of it and NEVER let me edit your photos).:hmm::confused::hmm::confused:

Pickman's model likes this.
  19. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Bring it on :thumbs:

20. motsy

My avatar's on a very small taste (and I DON'T use expensive photography equipment, I just use a cheapo mobile phone with free photo apps that let me do all sorts of weird stuff).

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. motsy

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

24. motsy

deleted.

25. Dr_Herbz

26. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

27. motsy

No, a combination of one of XPGD's plug ins (thermal imaging effect)and a Paintshop Pro special
    effect (hot wax I think).

28. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

CS2 is fine, though. Most people won't use even a quarter of its functions.

eta: That was aimed at Gabi btw

editor likes this.
  29. motsy

Fuckin' gerrin there!! I'm having some of that lot!!!

30. motsy

I also do a bit of music as well