Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by phildwyer, Jan 20, 2006.
Good call, great song.
I think you're right, I'll play it on my radio show this week. Just checked - the 7" came on Upsetter and Black Art, two different mixes of which I only have the Upsetter, surprised it hasn't been reissued.
Edited as I got another Meditations tune on 12" mixed up.
Checked thread but dont think weve had this
Hugh Mundell - Run, Revolution a Come
This is a destroyer:
Spoiler: hattie jacques
Sticking this here for prosperity Fozzie
(download the mp3 direct from here but don’t go mad and use up all my bandwidth)
In which I slam down a bunch of the tunes I took to play out last week on the loose topic of austerity, poverty and the general insanity of the system.
1. Ansil Collings – Keep The Cost of Living Down (Magnet 7″)
2. The Abyssinians – Declaration of Rights (Studio 1 7″)
3. Johnny Clarke – Declaration of Rights version (Jackpot 7″)
4. Earl Cunningham – I Want My Pay (Midnight Rock Music 7″)
5. Lorna Gee – Three Week Gone (Ariwa 12″)
6. Black Uhuru – Rent Man (DEB Music 7″)
7. Half Pint – Mr Landlord (Jammys 12″)
8. Lieutentant Stitchie – Promises (Digital B 7″)
9. Black Uhuru – Pain On The Poorman Brain (JR 7″)
10. King General – Broke Again (Conscious Sounds 12″)
11. Robert Lee – Leader (Fish Tea 7″)
12. Pliers – Rough This Year (Black Scorpio 12″)
13. Cobra – Poorman Shoes (Digital B 7″)
14. Anthony B – Nah Vote (Stone Love 7″)
15. Junior Reid – John Law (Blacker Dread 7″)
16. Joseph Hill & The Culture – Police Man (Mister Tipsy 7″)
17. Barrington Levy – Murderer (Jah Life 7″)
18. Barrington Levy & Beenie Man – Murderation (Xtra Large 7″)
19. Turbulence – Guns Bring Misery (Palm of Gold 7″)
20. Natty King – Guns To Town (2 Miles 7″)
21. Admiral Tibet – Da Pon Mi Guard (Ranking Universal 12″)
22. Dennis Brown – Revolution (Auralux LP)
23. David Harvey – Outro (Novara Media Youtube rip)
Special Unauthorised Guest Appearance from David Harvey via Novara Media.
I literally just came here to do this as well!
Well, thank you both
The blog post with the direct link to the mp3 is here http://www.uncarved.org/blog/2014/04/austerity-reggae-mix/
Have i posted this already? I do like this... relating to your mix Fozzie
We've talked about that tune before ska invita but possibly not on this thread...
also this on the same label:
This LP just got repressed:
Great titles (below) sound samples up at dub vendor
Well Pack Band / Winston Edwards - Strike (Studio 16) LP
Rare dub / instrumental album produced by Winston Edwards in 1980, warm and easy UK vibes with lots of horns, sounds like the Well Pack Band may be Matumbi or members thereof in another guise. The theme being the workers socialist struggle against the tyranny of the bosses was probably hot at the time, though the music is more mellow than militant.
1. New Approach To Workers
2. More Power To The Workers
3. Bad Management
4. Mahagement Attitude To Workers
1. Better Working Conditions For Workers
2. Union & Management
3. More Opportunity For Workers Children
4. Stop Victimisation
Oh yeah and a mate did a follow up Austerity Reggae mix to my one too:
Two nice things there - cheers. Those titles on the WE thing are genius.
Liking this new Sizzla cut (title track off a new album just dropped)
Radical.... kind of fits this thread....
On the I Know Myself riddim
i just spotted this thread, that's my schedule fucked!
Stuns these aint already here......
Spear _ Social Living
Oops, cant get the I-Roy on its own _ Every mouth must be fed, every head must lie down inna bed - after Cornell with Stars
Reminded me of this hipipol: Madrak Featuring – Devon Russell: Social Living - great tune , UK production I think
Can hear it here: http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=Madrak featuring Devon Russell Social Living
It's not exactly Socialist, but I love Ninja's commentary on the shitstem. Hope he can stay out of jail long enough to make some more records now.
I made a playlist of as many of the tracks mentioned here as I could find on spotify.
I'm not sure how it works but hopefully at least one of these links will mean people can listen to it and add more tracks as the thread (hopefully) grows;
<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:iamsime:playlist:6xrxwLHNtAOdMvhAck0PiE" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
please let me know if this works, ta.
* i also added this to it:
Lloyd Parks – Strike, Strike, Strike
Never heard that one, lovely stuff.
Stumbled across it after looking through the TR Groovemaster catalogue the other night, having heard a lovely and unique sounding dub cut on the label produced by TR himself (Tony Robinson) http://www.discogs.com/label/121516-TR-Groovemaster
Great label, tough roots productions and he did some lovely dubs
Sort of fits the socialist theme - Itals, "Me Want Justice"
Give Me (Us) Power
Kabaka Pyramid - No Capitalist
Revolutionaries - Leftist
Somewhat off-topic but is anyone planning on going to Solution Sound at the Whitecross St festival next Saturday?
yes mate! deserves its own thread.... also check the festival forum for another free solution session coming up
I still have your number, will text you if I am going, got a weird mystery illness at the moment but don't want to miss it!
Separate names with a comma.