1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm gonna be in Brazil for the Copa do Mundo

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 Brazil' started by skyscraper101, May 16, 2014.

1. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Yesterday after a lot of deliberation, I finally booked a flight to Belo Horizonte :cool: I've been monitoring the flight prices over the last few days and AA dropped to actual affordable levels if I go via Miami and wait 9hrs for a connecting flight :mad: :D but the wife (Brazilian) is already there with her fam and I have to leave the US anyway so it became a no brainier when I figured flying there was the cheaper option. I won't be getting in until June 22 so I'll watch the opening group games here including the first two England ones. But, I will be landing in time for the third (crucial? consolatory?) game against Costa Rica and seeing out the rest of the tournament through to the final.

Not sure about getting to go to any games though. I checked FIFA.com and the England group games are all sellout officially, but then I was also checking viagogo and it seems there is a resale market with tickets to the Costa Rica v England game starting at around £100. I tend not to trust anything that isn't official but viagogo are well established. What do you think? Also, £100 for one group game..and thats the cheapest price. It's a fair whack so I dunno.

Regardless I will be in the country and hopefully it'll be a great 3 weeks of football.

Onket, Maggot, dessiato and 1 other person like this.
  2. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Never mind all that, can you find out whether the England Panini stickers are as crap there as they are here?

wiskey and skyscraper101 like this.
  3. grubby local

grubby local tapir wanker

Hmmm ... can you post updates if you manage to score any tickets and from where. Will be on the look out for resales too ...

gx

4. skyscraper101

Sure no probs.

5. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

We're expecting some good photographs. :)

Onket likes this.
  6. skyscraper101

Just bought tickets to the Costa Rica v England game on viagogo :cool: I phoned them up before to guarantee that they're an official reseller and it all seems legit. Delivery to USA via UPS and guarantees offered etc.

They didn't seem to be able to tell me which section was England fans and which was Costa Rica fans. I'm guessing maybe a large area is given over for anyone? Will no doubt find out on the day. I do know we have seats in section 3 (the orange sections) in Row K. Assuming Row K is 11 seats from the front row on the lower tier, that doesn't sound bad.

[​IMG]

friedaweed and Maggot like this.
  7. grubby local

Nice!

When I try accessing viagogo, even with media hint on firefox, I get We are sorry, the page you are trying to access is not available to customers in your country. :(

Were they £100 or so each? Did you see any other games which took your fancy?

gx

8. skyscraper101

I think it only works in 50 approved countries. Probably Brazil is not on that list. Yep about £100 / ticket for the cheapest.

9. grubby local

Just got back from BH. Was gonna try and see a game at the Mineirão but it was just a damp squib between Cruziero & Sport. Word on street says black market tickets here around the R$900 mark (£250 ish). So you done well!
    x

skyscraper101 likes this.
  10. Maggot

Maggot If specified, this will replace the title that

I am gonna be in Brazil for the tournament too. :)

I am visiting friends in Brasilia at the end of June and beginning of July. Probably not gonna make it to any England games, but am hoping to get tickets for Portugal V Ghana.

I am very much in the same boat, Hoping to get tickets, but wary of getting ripped off. Viagogo were the only site offering tickets which I had heard of.

I'm also planning to go to Rio for a few days, but not sure if this will coincide with any games, although I would love to go to the Maracana. Any advice and tips welcome.

girasol likes this.
  11. skyscraper101

There are tickets right now on viagogo for the England game for $115 in Row D (i.e. 4 rows from the front) and some Row A tickets for $150 !! - shudda waited really.

12. skyscraper101

Ghana are one of my favourite teams! And Portugal will be great to watch too - especially if Ronaldo is playing. Just checked cheapest resale tickets on viagogo and you can get to the game for around £70.

If it makes you feel any better, viagogo seem pretty legit. I phoned them up and quized them extensively about their guarantees and everything. They seem to have some kind of deal with FIFA and I've also had a UPS notification that my tickets are en route. They seem at least to be more trustworthy than many of the sites I've seen with urls like buyworldcupbrazilticketsnow.com etc

Maggot likes this.
  13. Maggot

Do you know what Categories 1,2 and 3 mean for the tickets? Am looking at viagogo now.

14. skyscraper101

Different seating areas. 1 is the sides of the pitch, 2, corner areas, 3, behind the goals.

Maggot likes this.
  15. Maggot

Trying to book over the phone, but hung up after being kept on hold for over 4 minutes (twice). Cos it was an international call, I didn't want the cost to mount up. Did you get through straight away? Which number did you call?

16. skyscraper101

I got through fairly quick. It was a US number I used. I presume there is a UK office/number?

I'd just book online. I only called to ask about their guarantees and as an extra level of reassurance that they were legit. My tickets came on Wednesday :)

Maggot likes this.
  17. Maggot

I was hoping to ask them for tickets with the Ghana fans, but, not sure how to find out where they are gonna be.

18. skyscraper101

Ah.. yes. Good point. That was also one of the reasons I phoned because there's no way of knowing which fans are seated where. Sadly I was unable to find this out and viagogo don't have this information either. If you find out any other way of knowing seating arrangements I'd be interested because right now I just have two tickets with a seat allocation and I have no idea whether that is an England section or a Costa Rica section, or a general section.

To further confuse things, my tickets were priced in Euros on viagogo and shipped from Germany, but the printed price on the ticket is in US Dollars. So it's anyone's guess. I don't mind particularly if its just a general area I get as long as the view is good. We're on Level 1, Row K which is like 11 seats from the front so that sounds ok to me. I'm just hoping that this isn't among an army of Costa Rica fans. It would seem odd that any ticket selling from Germany would be, but then who knows.

19. Maggot

Fuck, fuck fuck. I bought 2 tickets for Portugal v Ghana from Viagogo, but never received a confirmation email. Have just seen an email from them saying they can't sell the tickets to people who live in the UK or Brazil, I have to give them an address outside the UK or Brazil or the order gets cancelled.

I take it you didn't have this problem skyscraper101 ?

Am gonna try and buy them from somewhere else.

20. skyscraper101

No, but I'm in the US.

They're not selling to people in the UK? Really? Did you go through the order process and have your card charged? I'd call them and get to the bottom of it.

21. Maggot

I don't think I've been charged, but I can't access my account atm to check. Fifa put a load more tickets on sale this morning and I managed to get some from them.

I don't know why they can't sell them to the UK, when Fifa can. :confused:

22. skyscraper101

Any joy Maggot?

I just saw very reasonable prices for Greece v Ivory Coast - only $19.99 a ticket on viagogo, if you can get to Forteleza.

http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Ticke.../FIFA-World-Cup-2014-Group-C-Tickets/E-553938

Bosnia Herzegovina v Iran from only $15 at the moment (held in Salvador)

http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Ticke.../FIFA-World-Cup-2014-Group-F-Tickets/E-553969

The World Cup Final in Rio - a snip from only $4,759.59

http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Ticke...4/FIFA-World-Cup-2014-Finals-Tickets/E-553965

23. Maggot

The viagogo tickets were cancelled and I wasn't charged. I got one from Fifa.

A friend of a friend has 2 tickets for the England - Costa Rica game for sale. I would love to take one of them, but they are only selling them as a pair. Anyone want to join me in Belo Horizonte? grubby local ? skyscraper101 I know you have tickets, but do you know anyone else who wants to go? They are R$350 category 2 tickets.

24. grubby local

hi maggot,

YES!!! ... are you in Brazil already? ... not sure I know how to PM anymore, but do that to me and we can arrange payments, meet ups ...

x

25. Maggot

Not in Brazil yet. Ariving in Brasilia the day before the Costa Rica game on the 24th!

26. grubby local

Blimey. You'll be in Brasilia for the Brazil group decider on 23rd then? just checked and i can bus in and out of BH for cheap. I'd arrive 7am in BH on 24th. So, let me know what I need to do to get me mits on those tix! You would have my huge gratitude, hats doffed etc ... gx

27. Maggot

You have your PMs switched off! Do you know how to turn them on again?

28. grubby local

i think i've just managed to send you a message gx

29. grubby local

if not, yes, please tell me how to turn PMs on!

30. 1%er

1%er Well-Known Member

There seems to be an outbreak of flags today up here in the NE, first real sign of people getting excited :thumbs:

Maggot likes this.