SmugMug Buys Flickr

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by RoyReed, Apr 21, 2018.

1. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Most of the posts about how “(service X) owns your images!” are complete rubbish. Okay, I say “most” to be generous, I haven’t seen one that isn’t yet but maybe there is one somewhere. There are occasionally some surprises in the Ts&Cs though.

2. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about converting all my current images to one massive image then uploading it 1000 times.

But I am lazy so I'll just phase flickr out and when (if) I start doing photos on the regular again I'll investigate other sites.

3. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Account renewal reminder email:
    :hmm:

Why is it that I would want to pay for two years up front again? I did previously have it set to two year renewals but that was because there was a discount.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

5. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Finally started taking some pictures again and found flickr hasn't removed my old photos.

A brief attempt to filter out 2000+ photos from 2006 onwards and I'm down to 1800 and up to 2015 and very depressed at having to do this.

I'd have been happier if they had just removed anything up to 1000 as it'd be less painful

6. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

of course i don't know if they would be able to tell if two accounts, set up with different e-mail addresses, each with less than 1,000 photos, were the same person...

i'd not quite reached 1,000 when this happened...

Artaxerxes likes this.
  7. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

8. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

anyone else having a complete mare trying to log in? They are requesting I put in my yahoo email as they are migrating away - however, I've never had a yahoo email address as I just used my gmail address to set up a yahoo account

9. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

not had any issues here - but have heard of a few people not able to access their accounts.

there was a while a few months back when they were encouraging people to set up a new login. did you see this / do anything about it?