Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

slowthai

SpookyFrank

Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.
I've always found coke just amplifies your existing personality, so if it turns someone into a total cunt, they were a cunt to begin with.
Neurologically it lowers the firing threshold for dopaminergic neurons. In very broad terms, this means your brain on coke requires less stimulus in order to make you feel like you've done something good. So you're sort of chemically primed to think that everything you do, everything you say, is really fantastic and you should keep doing or saying it. But the effect will be relative to a baseline, so if you're already pretty pleased with yourself on a normal day without coke, a couple of lines will probably make you unbearable.

SpookyFrank

Pete Doherty has won NME's "hero of the year" award twice and, I'm not making this up, the "sexiest man" award.
Yeah I stopped reading the NME around the time they decided to move the entire publication into the inner reaches of Doherty's arsehole.

Nanker Phelge

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
He's got form for this. He did a hometown gig when his album came out and got the hump when the audience wouldn't be quiet for a speech he wanted to make. He stropped off stage.

mauvais

change has become unavoidable
Was there last night, quite awkward to watch but Katherine handled the situation very well. Much respect to her
Did she? I thought her response was a bit weird. But I also feel like I might be missing some context so I don't know.

sovereignb

Did she? I thought her response was a bit weird. But I also feel like I might be missing some context so I don't know.
I dunno what response you heard, but she gave as good as she got. Somewhat insinuating small willy syndrome and implying he couldn't handle her. The "other woman" she was protecting in the first clip was her co host for the night, who he is apparently friends with and had been "joking with" moments before.
When he went to collect his award and gave a speech, a member of the crowd shouted he was misogynistic, which he didn't take to kindly. The audience member threw a drink first and then

Last edited:

SpookyFrank

I quite like him so a shame to see this. Cocaine is a terrible drug.
Just out of interest, what do you like about him? Because I genuinely don't get how his barking, yelping delivery of lines like:

Clockwork Orange
I ain't done a day of porridge
Don't make me Chuck Norris
Cause I run my town but I'm nothing like Boris

...even counts as rapping. Am I just getting old? Is there some level to this that I'm not getting? Because to me it's barely one step up from handing a mic to ranting old drunk arguing with himself on the floor of a bus shelter. They're giving this kid awards when they should be having him tested for neurological damage.

Last edited:

marshall

Just out of interest, what do you like about him? Because I genuinely don't get how his barking, yelping delivery of lines like:

Clockwork Orange

...even counts as rapping. Am I just getting old? Is there some level to this that I'm not getting? Because to me it's barely one step up from handing a mic to ranting old drunk arguing with himself on the floor of a bus shelter. They're giving this kid awards when they should be having him tested for neurological damage.
:D that's just...terrible, on any level, even if it was off the top it would be terrible, let alone a written bar. Which it bar(ely) is.

xenon

ContentIsBuffering....
That is rubbish, stoopid kiddie rhymes. And he can't sing. Does he make his own music?
That is well shit, of course. Never heard of this bloke til now. Listened to the deal with it track. I liked the production actually. Now how much of that is down to him, I dunno.

No opinion on what ever he's meant to have done re OP, can't see twitter stuff, not arsed to find out to get my 5 minutes of hate on.

Clair De Lune

Her responding like that does not make the thing she was responding to OK, nor does it mean she wasn't affected by it.
No it does not. I have been in similar situations (I related very much to how she responded) and though it seems like I gave as good as I got and arguably 'won' ..as in avoided being attacked, groped or humiliated at least. I still feel shakey, upset and gross afterwards.

wtfftw

melting like a toastie
No it does not. I have been in similar situations (I related very much to how she responded) and though it seems like I gave as good as I got and arguably 'won' ..as in avoided being attacked, groped or humiliated at least. I still feel shakey, upset and gross afterwards.
Exactly. I was on a train once and joined in the "bants" as a communication of boundaries (speaking a language he might have understood) and when I moved away other train users expressed surprise that I was not ok and did not know him. To them it sounded like I was winning that exchange.

sovereignb

Her responding like that does not make the thing she was responding to OK, nor does it mean she wasn't affected by it.
No one said it did? She's done her Twitter response, stating she dealt with him as a comedian would deal with any shitty heckler and he didnt bother her.
I was there on the night and after the exchange in the clip, she continued to belittle him on stage and then when he went back to audience, making him look like an even bigger prick. What's wrong with giving her credit for fighting back and taking control of the situation?

Last edited:

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Clockwork Orange

:D

I'm old but I'm not this old.