Slither.io

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by mrs quoad, May 20, 2016.

1. julisia tong

julisia tong New Member

what is your guys high scores???

2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 16.18.07.png

Finally got to #1

:cool:

3. Opera Buffa

Opera Buffa griddling

[​IMG]

Another new one. A mere paper tiger lobster :cool:

Fez909 likes this.
  4. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

New guys = cunts

Universal rule

5. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Anyone else still playing? I'm a proper junkie. Just had my BEST ever kill, though.

The scenario: small snake is me. I've just started and I'm miles away from the centre. There's not much going on. I'm collecting the sparsely distributed dots in the outer universe and using them to propel myself closer towards the maelstrom.

On the way, I passed a fairly large snake. I'd have put him at around 3k or more, curling up into a tiny ball and pissing around. I ignore him and go about my business of bulking up when I notice he's fully turned into a ball. Almost a singularity of snake: Near infinite mass in an infinitesimally small space. Am I big enough to wrap him? Maybe! I was only about 200 big at this point but he's seriously compact.

I scoot along close to him, trying not to arouse suspicion. I've been farming dots for a little while and not been aggressive so the danger alarm remains silent. He's spinning fast so I'll have to time this right to make sure his head is as close to my tail as possible when I make the interception, leaving him no room to escape.

Looping around, getting closer, then I see it. The moment.

I couldn't use my speed burst because I wasn't big enough to risk wasting any, but I didn't need it. It was perfect timing. I pulled up alongside him, gave him a wink, then casually started to wrap him. I was just too small to go all the way around, but that didn't matter. He was going so fast he panicked and smashed into the side of me, just in time for me to gobble up the first bit of his carcass and make myself long enough to engulf the entire dot pool. Which was handy as there was a tiny snake sniffing around and he was after my booty.

Turns out this tiny snake would kill me no more than 15 seconds later. But I don't care. This was the most glorious moment in my slithering career. :cool:

6. InfoBurner

InfoBurner Everything Is Under Control

Yeah, it's my favourite last bastion of procrastination, before I finally start what I've been putting off. Got Slither on my bookmarks toolbar and go by the moniker "Your Mum". Rarely make it past 20k though, I'm too reckless

Fez909 likes this.
  7. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

It's part of my daily work routine now.

En route to work -> call in Morrisons cafe for a sausage and bacon sandwich and a coffee -> take it to the office -> eat and drink while playing slither
    Go to get some lunch -> bring it back to my desk -> eat and drink while playing slither
    It's 5pm and everyone's gone home -> I started work late so I have an hour left -> play some slither

Help me :facepalm:

mrs quoad likes this.
  8. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

9. InfoBurner

Ever since you put that score up there, Fez, I made it a personal goal to beat it. Never did. I got a couple of low 70's.

Recently discovered a new iteration, Play Wormax with me!

Same game we know and love but now with leaderboards, and some very well balanced power ups. It offers some freemium enhancements but I treat 'em with derision.

Still can't believe I'm addicted to something that had it's roots in a Nokia 3310.

Fez909 likes this.
  10. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Snake goes back a lot further than the Nokia 3310, I think it was a spectrum game originally, I had a nostalgia fest when I got a Nokia anyway.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

AI learning how to slither (live now):

Twitch

InfoBurner likes this.
  12. InfoBurner

Still playing Wormax. Having a toddler biting my ankles most of the day, it's a great game to just have a quick bash on. The days of all-nighters on Total War or Skyrim are sadly in my past.

Fez909 likes this.
  13. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Just signed up for this. Didn't see your post until today...looks slick :cool:

14. Hassan I Sabha

Hassan I Sabha Kick Muck !

Keeping on the .io theme here, anyone tried the Hole.io game here - finding it quite addictive - 1954 high score at the moment.

15. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

I just have, and won't be trying again. Which is sort of good, given I need to get some work done.

16. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

couldn't work out what to do