1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleaford Mods

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Blagsta, Mar 17, 2014.

1. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

They're over. Jason had makeup on.

2. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

Saw them again last night. Good gig. Was a bit of a broader mix in the crowd than last time I saw them, too.

neonwilderness likes this.
  3. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

You need to start with austerity dogs.

neonwilderness and Fozzie Bear like this.
  4. Doctor Carrot

Doctor Carrot Bear Grylls grills bare bears

Yeah I thought they were a bit tame too compared to usual but still good to see them on there, purely for pissing off twitter wankers :).

5. treelover

treelover Well-Known Member

Invisible Britain (@velvetjoyltd) on Twitter

Look at the image on the top, they really don't seem to appeal to women going by that.

btw, their spat with Ian McNabb is hotting up, complex guy, but not very likeable.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  6. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

McNabb's career has been going badly, he needed the controversy to get his name mentioned somewhere, anywhere.

7. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

I've listened to it. As I say, don't like it, but totally get it and think it's a good thing. I'd buy the lyrics in a book.

spliff and neonwilderness like this.
  8. Citizen66

I'm not prepared to accept someone disliking it.

S☼I and neonwilderness like this.
  9. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

not really a great deal you can do about it tbh old stick

and I don't dislike ALL of it. Just the music.

10. Citizen66

I don't dislike all of the Constable painting, just the art :D

S☼I likes this.
  11. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

:D

12. belboid

Grammar Wanker

Unless it's sold out

S☼I likes this.
  13. S☼I

S☼I Comic sans routine

oooh, didn't realise this existed. I've found a copy online, will order later in the week so I get it next Saturday. Thanks belboid

belboid likes this.
  14. belboid

me sister bought it for a mate, who liked the idea of the Mods, but not the actuality. So she thought she'd like to just read the lyrics.

Then went 'fuck it' and kept it herself

Fozzie Bear and S☼I like this.
  15. Doctor Carrot

Dunno if this has been posted but thought I'd share. He seems to have stopped now but reading these pieces Jason wrote for vice have been brilliant. He's a superb writer, which I guess we all know but to read his writing in a column really brings home just how thoughtful, observant and bloody funny he is:

Sleaford Gob | VICE | United Kingdom

16. Doctor Carrot

What image? The crowd? I saw plenty of women at the Bristol gig.

17. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

I was a woman at the Cardiff gig, and I wasn't alone :facepalm: The nature of gigs is there's often a preponderance of men at the front, which is why I don't bother about getting near the front.

Doctor Carrot and ddraig like this.
  18. Citizen66

Ah yes, but treelover has seen a photograph.

elbows, Doctor Carrot and ddraig like this.
  19. The Boy

The Boy danny la rouge is probably wrong.

My other half felt a bit out of place when we went to see them last year - enough that she didn't tag along the other week, even though there was a ticket going spare. Can't say I noticed it being *that* bad although deffo a bit more blokey than usual.

That said, I think I count 6 women in the front few rows of the pic in the link up there. That can't be *that* unusual for the front few rows at many gigs, can it? I'm old so tend to avoid the front so couldn't really comment.

20. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Just spotted this on Youtube which is a bit better than No One's Bothered. I can't remember seeing it when I skipped through the episode on iplayer, so I wonder if it was cut or whether I just missed it? :hmm:

21. Doctor Carrot

That song was only played on the friday one and not the wednesday one so that mayy have been why you missed it.

22. neonwilderness

Ah, that would probably explain it!

23. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

24. neonwilderness

This has just appeared on their Soundcloud account :cool:

Doctor Carrot likes this.
  25. Doctor Carrot

I was under the impression that this was the first Sleaford Mods track? Either way yours is a good post :cool:

26. neonwilderness

I was just going off their description. Either way it's interesting to see how their style has changed compared to the more recent stuff :cool:

Doctor Carrot likes this.
  27. Doctor Carrot

Actually I think they were called 'That's Shit Try Harder' for the track I posted, it was when Jason first discovered his style worked over a single loop and it was just him and samples. Perhaps your link is the first track as Sleaford Mods and moving in the direction of their style today but yeah interesting hearing how the style has developed. Long live Sleaford Mods! :D

28. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I'm sure I read some interview where Jason seemed to be confessing to past misogynistic lyrics and saying that his wife clued him up about that shit. So I'm always a bit afraid of what I might hear with their early stuff. In the case of that Ashtray track perhaps there is a hint of this with the line "she's too rough".

29. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

if you think that's what he was talkng about....

30. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Too late for me to watch that tonight but I will try tomorrow. I assume he was talking about way worse than the line I mentioned, which was only just enough to jog my memory as to the interview and my fears.