1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleaford Mods

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Blagsta, Mar 17, 2014.

1. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

Can't we just be happy one of the few good bands did good? NO of course not ha that's why I like that "just like we do" song.

2. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

I am happy for them! I just thought it was a bit graceless is all. Which it it.

3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

A trip to Spa is like a trip to Mars :D

Dragnet and neonwilderness like this.
  4. Voley

Voley By Nature He Was Bendy

He sounds a bit like John Lydon on 'I Feel So Wrong' off the new one. Suits him I think.

5. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

not by a loooong stretch

6. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Did they not sell much then? I guess the one-album-a-year-man market isn't as big as they'd hoped then. Sad,

7. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Superb :D

8. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

They must have all bought Key Markets instead :D

killer b likes this.
  9. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

A fine example of the online rhetorical question

10. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

actually Prodge did pretty decent (over 100k) , doubt Left. recouped on 30K tho ....'money farms' few and far between nowadays, obvs

11. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Hopefully their tour in May should attract enough of the one-E-a-year crowd to turn a profit.

Libertad and cantsin like this.
  12. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

Sleaziest mods have way less overheads and people to pay than the prodigy! Canny.

13. Doctor Carrot

Doctor Carrot Bear Grylls grills bare bears

I'm loving the new album. I like how each album they just tweek their sound ever so slightly so it keeps the same formula but it's subtly different. Drayton Manored is my favourite song on it, whenever I hear that buzzer in a shop I sing 'A trip to spa is like a trip to Mars' to myself :D. It's the subtleties of every day life he puts across that really stand out to me, like the way he says 'look at you' on BHS and then does that sound after it, it's the same way you generally take the piss out ya mates at work or whatever. I think they'll be judged by history as extremely relevant to these times, they're judged as that now by people who relate to it I think.

elbows and neonwilderness like this.
  14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Now available in lego ;)

15. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Saw this last night. It's too long but well worth catching. The live performances are captured brilliantly and only helps to show how despite their minimal setup it looks like a great gig with Jason's performance a small miracle. Steve their manager is also given alot of time as he's seen as the 3rd member, helping them to finally achieve fame.

Bunch of Kunst

neonwilderness likes this.