Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sinead O'Connor's letter to Miley Cyrus

Pickman's model

every man and every woman is a star
So it worked out for her then, she got on national tv... albeit the national tv of a parochial backwater

Honestly it was slut shaming and like all slut shaming and patriarchy always passes itself off as concern/protection etc
what's your concern here, you shameless slut?

classicdish

I've just realised that there are two or three different versions of the "wrecking ball" video:

1) the naked one (seen it on youtube) = 2) a non-naked one (saw it on freeview TV today) which is just 1) but edited a bit
3) a 'director's cut' which is just a four minute close up of her face =
It must be 3) which is inspired by Sinead's video, although as I haven't seen it I got kind of confused - couldn't remember Sinead swinging naked on a wrecking ball or licking a sledge hammer in her video.

Last edited:

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
Oh is that why there's those pictures of a naked woman on a wrecking ball all over the place? I thought it must have been a Dior advert or something.

at_large

touching a member
Banned
omg why not waste a post in this shit.....

blah blah blah get something else to talk about

billy, miley and sinead can all fuck off in a twisted love fest. just make sure its on utube or urban so all the cunts can have to read about..... ffs get lives .....

keybored

Well done. You remember cat good.
omg why not waste a post in this shit.....

blah blah blah get something else to talk about

billy, miley and sinead can all fuck off in a twisted love fest. just make sure its on utube or urban so all the cunts can have to read about..... ffs get lives .....
It's upsetting isn't it?

classicdish

All 3 hmmmmm dought it.
Video 3 just shows a close up of her face all the way through (she cries a bit like Sinead did in her video). Video 1 also has her in underwear hitting walls with a sledge hammer and swinging around naked on a wrecking ball. "Video 2" doesn't really exist - it's just Video 1 which has been edited down a bit to make it safe for TV. Hope that helps.

classicdish

True, I don't know what "dought" means.

You asked for a link to the Miley Cyrus videos and I gave you one.

(PS. if you don't want to talk about Miley and Sinead then there are hundreds of other threads to choose from)

at_large

touching a member
Banned
(PS. if you don't want to talk about Miley and Sinead then there are hundreds of other threads to choose from)
i have no problem talking about the op i just dont want to talk to you.

and your vids are not yours to post have a read about what i want to see......numb-nuts.

gabi

Banned
Banned
Sinead O'Connor is certifiably insane. No idea why she is being given any credence here. Ffs she advertised on twitter a couple of years back for a husband on the condition that he would fuck her up the arse. Found him, married him, divorced him. I don't think the 'music industry' had anything to do with that insanity.

Cheesypoof

Fuck off Noddy
Banned
Sinead O'Connor is certifiably insane. No idea why she is being given any credence here. Ffs she advertised on twitter a couple of years back for a husband on the condition that he would fuck her up the arse. Found him, married him, divorced him. I don't think the 'music industry' had anything to do with that insanity.
She didnt :confused:. She may have alluded to being older and a bit horny, but she is a Dub, and being a Dub, can be quite crude. So what? She has never gotten her tits out cos she has some real talent and substance, and so what if she is a bit nutty?

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
I don't like an open letter, bit smug. Why couldn't she just send her a normal letter?
Frank Skinner just brought up this exact same point on his radio show. If Sinead was genuinely concerned she could have contacted Miley privately. He stated an "open letter" is a tremendously passive-aggressive thing. And the main issue is "female pop-star in skimpy clothing and sexy dancing shock"

I tend to agree. Mind your own business Sinead - all Miley did was state she was an influence on her an Sinead responded by publicly criticising her in quite a hurtful way. I should imagine Miley was pretty upset by the letter. That said the Miley's mocking of Sinead's mental health problems was out-of-order and may follow her for a bit, the replies to her on Twitter after that were pretty much all condemning, most from the fanboys/girls too.

Frank also claimed that Sinead's hairstyle was chosen because its so close to her name. Like Tina Hobley joining Holby City, and Arsene Wenger.

Cheesypoof

Fuck off Noddy
Banned
Frank Skinner just brought up this exact same point on his radio show. If Sinead was genuinely concerned she could have contacted Miley privately. He stated an "open letter" is a tremendously passive-aggressive thing. And the main issue is "female pop-star in skimpy clothing and sexy dancing shock"
so what if she was a bit, as revol puts it, 'slut shaming?' Think back to when Madonna sold out and published SEX, everyone was paying £25 to buy it, which at the time was a load of money. It caused an uproar but now no-one bats an eye at Rhiana/Gaga/whoever getting her kit off in the name of 'art' or 'music'. It's CHEAP and gives young women shitty ideas about the world and what they must do to get ahead. Sick of it.