Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sinead O'Connor

Sadken

K-5 You -0
Famine is one of the strangest/unintentionally funniest songs I've ever heard. I can never tell if I like it seriously or ironically. Definitely very, very odd pop song - gotta respect her, really.

dylans

overlord of all acorns
I find it funny that she got attacked and ridiculed for tearing up the popes picture. Crowds booed her at gigs. Then the extent of Catholic Priest child abuse emerged. Noones laughing at her now.

Where was the gig when the crowd booed her really badly and she just stood her ground and sang War through the boos? She then collapsed in tears into Kris Kristopheson's arms?

Wookey

Muppet is not a slur
I think it was an Urbanite who told a lovely story years ago of how he used to regularly walk past her on his way to work - and one day she stopped him and said: 'I like that jumper, do you want to swap it with mine?' and they swapped jumpers!

Someone else will remember this in better detail.

I love her, always have. Attitude and looks and talent.

sojourner

Where's me readers?
I find it funny that she got attacked and ridiculed for tearing up the popes picture. Crowds booed her at gigs. Then the extent of Catholic Priest child abuse emerged. Noones laughing at her now.

Where was the gig when the crowd booed her really badly and she just stood her ground and sang War through the boos? She then collapsed in tears into Kris Kristopheson's arms?
Bob Dylan tribute

fucking disgraceful behaviour by the crowd, but like you say, no one laughs at her now about it

I think it was an Urbanite who told a lovely story years ago of how he used to regularly walk past her on his way to work - and one day she stopped him and said: 'I like that jumper, do you want to swap it with mine?' and they swapped jumpers!

Someone else will remember this in better detail.

I love her, always have. Attitude and looks and talent.
:cool:

I felt like I grew up with her, her attitudes and chaos matching mine. I almost named my daughter after her!

will never forget first watching her do Mandinka on TOTP in her tutu and big boots. My gob was on the floor

sojourner

Where's me readers?
Me too :cool:

It's Jackie that really does it for me. Short but so beautiful and otherwordly....
There isn't a duff track on it

Astonishing, for such a young woman to not only write it all herself, but to produce it as well, fucking off the original version wanted by the record company :cool::cool:

Mrs Miggins

There's been a slight cheese accident
There isn't a duff track on it

Astonishing, for such a young woman to not only write it all herself, but to produce it as well, fucking off the original version wanted by the record company :cool::cool:
yeah - she's pretty cool.

I even like the Prince one. Makes me cry when she starts to cry in the video. Every time! I'm filling up now just thinking about it ;)

cybershot

I take it the wireless mic failed which is a shame. No doubt would have been even better without being hindered holding that one.

butchersapron

blood on the walls
Ah come on. You couldnt wish her well...
You've never made a mistake or fucked up?
What if wishing her well involves her dealing with that sort of stuff posted above? Those tickets seem to be flying now btw. Lots of disgusting people with disgusting money.

Lupa

What if wishing her well involves her dealing with that sort of stuff posted above? Those tickets seem to be flying now btw. Lots of disgusting people with disgusting money.

She's a singer. That's her livelihood.
People like her and go to see her.
And for the most part white people are the ones who have fucked up the world. Go further than that...white men have fucked up the world. Do you think otherwise?

butchersapron

blood on the walls
Right, so into defending this. Something the idiot herself recognises is racist. Because singing is her livelihood - apparently. I imagine a roofer shouting such nonsense would not be cut suck sickening slack. Back to your giants.