Sinead O'Connor

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by sojourner, Aug 22, 2009.

1. flix

flix New Member

Anthony Kiedis wrote "Breaking the Girl" for her - apparently he was madly in love with her.

2. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Famine is one of the strangest/unintentionally funniest songs I've ever heard. I can never tell if I like it seriously or ironically. Definitely very, very odd pop song - gotta respect her, really.

3. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Likewise.

I remember watching her in Glasto in about 1990 and she was wearing a Viz Fat Slags t-shirt. Happy days.

4. dylans

dylans overlord of all acorns

I find it funny that she got attacked and ridiculed for tearing up the popes picture. Crowds booed her at gigs. Then the extent of Catholic Priest child abuse emerged. Noones laughing at her now.

Where was the gig when the crowd booed her really badly and she just stood her ground and sang War through the boos? She then collapsed in tears into Kris Kristopheson's arms?

5. Wookey

Wookey Muppet is not a slur

I think it was an Urbanite who told a lovely story years ago of how he used to regularly walk past her on his way to work - and one day she stopped him and said: 'I like that jumper, do you want to swap it with mine?' and they swapped jumpers!

Someone else will remember this in better detail.

I love her, always have. Attitude and looks and talent.

6. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Bob Dylan tribute

fucking disgraceful behaviour by the crowd, but like you say, no one laughs at her now about it

:cool:

I felt like I grew up with her, her attitudes and chaos matching mine. I almost named my daughter after her!

will never forget first watching her do Mandinka on TOTP in her tutu and big boots. My gob was on the floor

7. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Me too :cool:

It's Jackie that really does it for me. Short but so beautiful and otherwordly....

8. sojourner

There isn't a duff track on it

Astonishing, for such a young woman to not only write it all herself, but to produce it as well, fucking off the original version wanted by the record company :cool::cool:

9. Madusa

Madusa Baller

you just fancy her soj.

10. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

yeah - she's pretty cool.

I even like the Prince one. Makes me cry when she starts to cry in the video. Every time! I'm filling up now just thinking about it ;)

11. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

;)

12. sojourner

I'm not denying that I fancied her mads :) I think she's actually the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, ever.

But that was only a small part of why I admired her

13. Wookey

Wookey Muppet is not a slur

Even I fancy her!

Hey Soj - I remember that Mandinka performance, she had me after the first three seconds!

Well, she didn't "have" me, obviously, our boats sail different waters.

14. Madusa

Madusa Baller

yeah yeah... dont worry, I dont judge you badly for it!

15. sojourner

:D I did literally rush out the next day to buy the album :D
    Oh well, phew for that then :p

Badgers likes this.
  16. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Quite a stupendous thing. Great to see her happy.

17. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I take it the wireless mic failed which is a shame. No doubt would have been even better without being hindered holding that one.

18. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

Still one of the best songs...

Lovely smile and wave at the end. She does seem happy....:)

19. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Still hating the kuffar is she? I do hear it brings inner peace.

20. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

21. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

22. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

The pub I was in last night had the Late Late Show on and the whole place were singing along to this, it was incredible.

23. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

You must be a perfect specimen of humanity

24. copliker

copliker ...

A national nuisance flogging tickets for her tour in October.

oconnor twat.jpg

25. butchersapron

So, have i this right - never mention the things people do or say. Unless you are perfect? Really?

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  26. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

Ah come on. You couldnt wish her well...
    You've never made a mistake or fucked up?

27. butchersapron

What if wishing her well involves her dealing with that sort of stuff posted above? Those tickets seem to be flying now btw. Lots of disgusting people with disgusting money.

28. butchersapron

Cheesypoof for the middle class.

29. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

She's a singer. That's her livelihood.
    People like her and go to see her.
    And for the most part white people are the ones who have fucked up the world. Go further than that...white men have fucked up the world. Do you think otherwise?

30. butchersapron

Right, so into defending this. Something the idiot herself recognises is racist. Because singing is her livelihood - apparently. I imagine a roofer shouting such nonsense would not be cut suck sickening slack. Back to your giants.

[​IMG]