Signing off: question

Discussion in 'benefits and housing' started by Orang Utan, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

cheers, I've already got a bike. will ask about other free stuff though.
    thanks all!

BigTom likes this.
  2. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add to this to say that, crazy as it sounds, you must keep telling the jcp you are looking for work, applying for jobs etc, just as before, or they can sanction you.

Just because you've got a job doesn't mean you aren't a lazy jobshy feckless scrounger who needs to be forced to find work!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Wait till you've started and they decide to keep you. Im not saying they will take an instant dislike to you but it will save them time.

4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

wtf

BigTom and Rutita1 like this.
  5. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Yes. OU has had a shit ride of this including them badgering him despite already having a new year start date.

Sign off by phone on a week on Monday OU. Send in the paperwork if you are asked to.
    Sign on this Tuesday as normal and tell them nowt. Smile and produce 'evidence' of you job search and thank fuck you are almost out of that toxic, punitive system.

BigTom likes this.
  6. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Fuck off. It didn't take me long to decide to post this.

belboid and BigTom like this.
  7. cyril_smear

cyril_smear Well-Known Member

Take it!! I got a great pair of brown leather boots from matalan with the funds i got off the JC a few years ago. Still got em and still wear em for the pub

8. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

i should've but interview was next morning and it was late in day

did have decent boots years ago out of em

9. cyril_smear

cyril_smear Well-Known Member

This. Don't forget to ask. Try and make out you need to use the train as well... They'll give you a rail and bus pass valued at about £150 quid. Nobody says you can't sell it for £80 if you need some quick spends/night out/drugs/whatever.