Shout to the Klopp: Liverpool FC 18/19

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 5, 2018.

1. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Only caught the second half today because I got waylaid with a chatty MIL but from what I saw it looked like the gaffa wasn't very happy. We were shit in the final third, nothing like last year. I do think there's a lack of flow for us at that end and I'm not sure Daniel helps. He's too much of a butterfly and hard to read for midfielders.
    Yeah pretty much this really which is something we were struggling with when we were letting a few more goals in.

In all we're making progress but we could be so much better if they gelled a bit more as a unit. I think that's why the gaffers a bit animated. At least his glasses are staying on though.

I can still smell the police horse shit and hotdogs whilst you waited in the queue to get in ;)

Badgers and Voley like this.
  2. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Was that a boys only terrace???

Badgers likes this.
  3. friedaweed

It was a section of terrace that you could go in cheap and then, if you dared, climb over into the Kop from ;)
    Good thread on it here.
    The History of The Boys' Pen at Anfield

harpo, Threshers_Flail and Badgers like this.
  4. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Is it just me or is Alisson shit with his feet? Very disappointed with him so far.

Badgers likes this.
  5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Sarcasm?

Just the 3 goals conceded in the league. 6 clean sheets.

Badgers likes this.
  6. Favelado

That's the team stats. I think Alisson's individual shakiness on the ball is worrying - he was billed as good with his feet but seems close to fluffing every single kick he has to take. Also, one of those league goals was an utter balls-up on his part.

Badgers likes this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its just you.

Karius. Mignolet. Bogdan. Ward. Dani. Jones.

Allisson is fine.

steveo87 and Badgers like this.
  8. Favelado

Putting even worse keepers in a list doesn't change the fact that Alisson is slicing, fumbling, and jittering when the ball approaches. Would you say his footwork has been good? That's a big reason he's been signed.

Badgers likes this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’d say his footwork is fine. He will be fine.

Badgers likes this.
  10. Favelado

Okay. Hope so.

Badgers likes this.
  11. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

He’s got a bit of the grobbelaar’s about him but in terms of goalkeepers and footwork. He’s probably one the better ones. If anything he is too confident and probably thinks he has more time than he does. Something he’s probably gotten used to from serie a. It will be drilled out of him.

If anything my only worry is our goalkeeping coaches seem to be only ever able to make goalkeepers worse these days instead of better.

Favelado and Badgers like this.
  12. TruXta

TruXta tired

Are you kidding? He made one silly mistake. Other than that he's the best keeper in the league for passing out from goal alongside Ederson.

Badgers likes this.
  13. Favelado

I'm serious but I know it's not a popular opinion. What do you mean "He's been the best?" Is this some nebulous stat or something? He looks shaky on the ball and I feel there's more trouble to come. I was expecting him to be assured and inspire calm. He's putting the wind up his defenders when he's on the ball. His kicking often doesn't go where it's supposed to either. There was a nasty slice yesterday in the Huddersfield game.

The one silly mistake had been preceded by some close calls in the previous game if I recall correctly too.

14. jhaaz

jhaaz Banned Banned

noble prize. noble prizee.....

15. TruXta

TruXta tired

I'm sorry, you appear to be watching a completely different game than me and many others.

Badgers likes this.
  16. TruXta

TruXta tired

Also, pass accuracy isn't a nebulous stat.

Badgers likes this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Nonsense. He is a great keeper and leads from the back. Alisson and VVD are (at this time at least) are the best/most consistent perfoming players in the squad.

18. Favelado

I guess I really am seeing things differently. I'm not on a wind up. I mean it. Let's see if I end up changing my mind by the end of the season. Or if you end up owing me an apology.

friedaweed likes this.
  19. Favelado

Not entirely no, but it's not the whole picture.

20. TruXta

TruXta tired

No of course not. But he's not making our defence nervous nor does he struggle with technical abilities. That's borne out by his stats, plus the judgment of his team mates, pundits and general fan base. So I very much think you're on your own in thinking he's shit with his feet.

friedaweed likes this.
  21. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Had to turn down tickets for the Cardiff game! :(

22. friedaweed

Most keepers are better with their hands than their feet, with exceptions of course...

[​IMG]

23. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Higuita's Scorpion Kick was skilful but done after the whistle had gone in a friendly match - nothing to lose. Unlike, say, getting tackled by Roger Milla forty yards outside his own box in extra time in a World Cup knockout match.

imposs1904, Badgers and Favelado like this.
  24. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

I got tickets sorted today, front row in the Kop :cool:

cybershot and Badgers like this.
  25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Been listening to some of the podcasts of late. Several people suggesting that the lack of attacking impact is due to the Ox missing from the squad :hmm:

For me Firmino lacking form has been a much bigger issue.

26. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

The whole front three haven’t been firing on cylinders lately. Almost a complete reversal of last season, we’re really strong at the back and are just about getting over the line in most games. If our defence was as bad as past years we’d be below United fs.

Plus that goal difference is already massive between us and City and I hope it doesn’t come down to that at the end of the season because that would be a real sickener.

Badgers likes this.
  27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Looking better (mostly) so far but should be beating RSB a lot more easily than this. Still making sloppy mistakes.

29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Bit better :)

Hopefully Napoli hang on to the lead or at least a draw.

N_igma likes this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!