Should Wiggins be stripped of his knighthood?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Sasaferrato, Mar 5, 2018.

1. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

Poll required

2. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Who cares about his knighthood on a forum like this one?

3. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

It rather looks as if he was injected with triamcinolone out of competition, which is not permitted. To use it in this manner would permit him to increase his power to weight ratio, just in time for the competition. Of course, once the competition starts, he makes use of his exemption, and is injected legally with triamcinolone.

Do you really believe that all medical records for not only him, but other team members would be kept on a single laptop, which then goes missing?

There is much that Team Sky is more than a little evasive about, including what was delivered in such secrecy. Wiggins would have been tested, did the 'decongestant' appear in the sample?

hash tag and Celyn like this.
  4. Sasaferrato

Astonishing question.

5. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

It's meaningless. Knighthoods shouldn't exist. Anyone who has one should be stripped of it. Whether one individual should have one or not for being naughty is irrelevant.

Fez909, SpookyFrank, kabbes and 4 others like this.
  6. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

7. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

he should be made to do the tour de france again on a pink girls bike WITH STABILISERS to apologise for the embarassment he had caused the Queen. and then LOCKED UP IN THE TOWER FOEREVER1111ELEVEN!!!!

Idaho, Fez909, heinous seamus and 7 others like this.
  8. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

:thumbs:

9. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

He’s honest. Though froome was quicker than him throughout that tour. He’s a decent cyclist and a decent man and it’s pretty sad to see this happen. Blame brailsford.

10. 8ball

To be fair, I'm with Sass (not often I say that). There is a plurality of views on this board. Always has been.

11. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

They have cheated. The truth may well come out at some point. It seems the truth for now is they found the 'marginal gains' within the legal framework of using drugs for an advantage

Cunts. i believed them when they won. I told my clients an analogy of maginal gains to encourage them to improve their lives believing they were honest. Those marginal gains look drug enhanced..i feel cheated i used brailsford's philosophy to encourage drug users to stop using drugs

It was a good philosophy based on lies.

wankers

Fez909 and Sasaferrato like this.
  12. 8ball

Are they accused of using something really naughty, or just one of the many, many performance-enhancing things which are allowed?
    Or is there a 'grey area' which they have exploited?

hash tag likes this.
  13. MrSpikey

MrSpikey Well-Known Member

Indeed. And anyone insisting that a bicycle is also needed has simply not consumed enough of the first three items.

8ball, IC3D, Celyn and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Yes this.
    I tried to explain it to a baffled Chilean recently who wanted to know why Elton John and New Zealand's top purveyor of awful jewelry, Micheal Hill, were both sirs.

Celyn likes this.
  15. Grump

Grump Well-Known Member

Why not have a mixed cycling competition where you can opt to use drugs if you wish? It would be fascinating to see the difference in performance between those who were clean and those allowed to use whatever the found in the physio's goodie bag. The same could apply in athletics, just like we have wind assisted times now we could also have drug assisted. If someone was wind and drug assisted things could get very strange.

mojo pixy, HoratioCuthbert and Celyn like this.
  16. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

I have often thought the same. People can do their running about in circles or cycling around in circles thing, using whatever drugs they like, and possibly two of the magic gold cups to be given, one for those using chemical help and one for those not doing.

HoratioCuthbert and Grump like this.
  17. NoXion

NoXion It's been 600 years...

Never heard of this Wiggins character before. I think that may be a clue as to his overall importance.

18. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Ridiculous cyclists awarded knighthood at all. When wiggins completes tdf on unicycle while juggling knives maybe he should be considered for an hon gcse

Wilf and High Voltage like this.
  19. Pickman's model

I hadn't realised he was that important

20. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Oh - by "not done anything wrong", I mean I don't have a problem with them using drugs, as long as they pass the tests at race time.

21. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

Pickman's model likes this.
  22. Pickman's model

You don't have to be a good liar to fool reiabuzz

23. dialectician

dialectician https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxoqxhwmY8

why is this shit in politics?

24. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

The accusation is in the 'really naughty' category. Seeking a tue for performance enhancement is cheating.

Sasaferrato likes this.
  25. 8ball

Seeking a tue?

26. Pickman's model

therapeutick use exemption apparently

27. Sasaferrato

That is much how I feel about it.

Team Sky was to be the new honest face of cycling, which has been a murky sport forever. Races like the TDF are immense, a huge amount of effort over a prolonged period. Something that it takes an exceptional man to win, the winner a man to be admired for his strength, both mental and physical, and tenacity.

Then it emerges that this 'effort' is in fact chemically enhanced.

Drug testing was introduced after the death of Tom Simpson, who had taken amphetamine, and dropped dead from his bike. Despite this, cycling has seen a succession of performance enhancing drugs, each one dropped as the testing regime catches up.

I don't think the sport will ever be regarded as honest.

28. Sasaferrato

Using triamcinalone out of competition is the pits. The TUE is for competition only.

It is quite astonishing the number of high level sportspeople who have asthma.

Why do so many elite athletes have asthma?

29. 8ball

I read something about a decongestant and thought maybe LBJ meant “sucking a Tune” and got auto-corrected weirdly!

:D

Pickman's model likes this.
  30. 8ball

And now my keybord is full of tea.
    Cheers for tht.

tim, Pickman's model and High Voltage like this.