Sex Robots in the news again

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by cupid_stunt, Jul 10, 2017.

?

Should sex robots be banned?

1. Just ban the child sex robots & dolls.

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. Ban all sex robots.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. No ban whatsoever.

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. *Books trip to Dublin*

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut the Great.

I found some previous old threads on sex robots, but thought I would start a new one after reading the latest news about fears that child sex robots could be coming to the market.

When I first heard of these robots some years ago, my first thought was that they would objectify women (and it appears men too, as there's now male versions), but then thought well whatever floats your boat, but certainly not something for me.

But, as there's already some child-like sex dolls on the market :eek:, the fear is that some manufactures will start making child sex robots, and frankly that turns my stomach. There's calls to ban these, and whilst I am not keen on banning things in general, I think these should certainly be banned, what does everyone else think?

Call for a ban on child sex robots - BBC News

On a lighter side, in Dublin:

Brothel is 'renting out sex robot for £88 an hour'

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Your first link says there are already sex robot brothels in the far east

Badgers likes this.
  3. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

This bloke recently got sent down for nearly three years for importing a child sex doll: Man who tried to import childlike sex doll to UK is jailed (naturally there were dodgy pictures on his computer too). It seems that it is not an offence to own one of these things, but importing one is.

Very iffy territory, similar to cartoon peado stuff. The bottom line seems to be that anyone wanting this shit is probably doing stuff which is outright illegal and harmful to actual kids.

And as to the brothels renting out sex dolls; is there a lower job on earth than being the poor fucker who has to clean these things out between punters? :(

4. cupid_stunt

I know, but included the second link as Dublin is nearer to home, and I was mildly amused by the one in Barcelona that was closed after outrage from local sex workers.

Bloody robots, coming over here stealing our jobs.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

If they can do that for the auldest profession they can do it for any job

pengaleng, Badgers and cupid_stunt like this.
  6. cupid_stunt

Blimey, and it seems like a growing problem.

Dozens of arrests over 'obscene' child sex dolls being sold in the UK

Sick bastards.

*shudders*

7. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

There was a sex therapist/councillor guy on Sky News the other day talking about how these dolls can have uses in preventative programmes to treat sex offenders/potential sex offenders. I think I'd prefer their input into whether these child dolls should be banned or not before jumping to an immediate opinion.

I don't particularly have a problem with adult ones. Each to his own. Though story of the Japanese guy who fell in love with his doll and wheels it around in a wheelchair was a bit WTF.

8. cupid_stunt

Well, that's a totally opposite view to that of Prof Sharkey, but I guess there's little chance of 'experts' agreeing on this, probably because in some cases they could work in a preventative way, but in some cases encourage others to move onto the real thing.

Did you click on the link in post #6? Only, some of these look as young as 5, I find that very disturbing.

9. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I don't know a lot about it all, but if evidence suggests these things can do more good than harm (i.e. for therapy reasons), then I'm ok in principle with their existence. No matter how fucked up I may find it, I do prefer to see a science based approach to treating sex offenders.

Obviously if it does just encourage fantasies to be played out in real life, then I'm very much in favour of their banning.

I haven't seen any evidence either way though.

10. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

There's always going to be some fucking dickhead who attempts to justify letting blokes fuck dolls modelled on 5 year olds. Fuck them. If someone needs a model of a child to cure or prevent them from fucking actual 5 year olds, that person should be in prison or a secure hospital.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    pug, Idris2002, Calamity1971 and 7 others like this.
  11. ItWillNeverWork

ItWillNeverWork Back again

Ban them. Crimes are always rehearsed in the imagination before they are acted upon in real life. These things just make real life abuse more likely, as they will reinforce whatever broken brain circuits the sad fuckers that use them have in the first place.

12. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Also unsurprising that all of those dolls in the link have Japanese/oriental features. I've said this before and been flamed for it but many Japanese views on sex, and related imagery of children in manga, hentai, and that sort of shit is deeply fucking dodgy.

Doesn't stop people on here from defending it though.

13. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

it comes down to would you want someone attracted to children - which they cant change - to fuck a child sex doll or a real child.

we had this before and people couldnt get over their emotional reaction of disgust to talk about it properly.

I think people are a bit confused if they think someone who is actively abusing real life children would want to own one of these quite honestly.

14. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

But if you accept that prisons and/or hospitals are there to treat people, then this doesn't make sense. If the 'treatment' that works is sex dolls, then why not allow them?

It's a shit situation, but the aim should be to decrease sexual abuse. The idea of child sex dolls is horrific, but it's infinitely better than abuse.

As a side note, I don't think it's possible to jail someone for something that they say they may do. I'm sure I remember a story a few years back where a recently-released paedo said he needs locking up because he's a danger and can't control himself, but he couldn't be jailed because he hadn't actually done anything.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  15. pengaleng

I could see how frustration with the doll having no reactions could push people towards real children, but people manage with pocket pussys every day so it'd be some deep fuckin psychological shiz to deal with

16. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Why does it have to be either/or?

Paedophilia recidivism is close to 50% according to some stats that were posted here a while back. And that's just the ones that get caught re-offending. Anyone who messes around with a child should be treated as best we know how. I'd need a lot of convincing that the best way to do that is to give them a sex doll in the image of a 5 year old to fuck. Anyone who re-offends should go to prison for life so the issue of rehabilitation becomes moot.

twentythreedom likes this.
  17. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

it depends on whether you think feeding a Leopard pacifies it or consolidates its belief that food and humans are associated.

personally, i'm entirely unconvinced that giving someone who is sexually attracted to children - and i'm assuming that means that their 'attraction' is based on more than just the physicality - a fairly lifelike, responsive doll to fuck is going to pacify their drives. instead i'd put very good money on it proving to be a poor experience for the nonce, but one that enables them to cross the bridge between sitting at home wanking over pictures of kids to going out and fucking something.

which is not, i think, a good thing.

given, from what i've read and heard of the research - and i'm happy to be corrected - you can no more 'cure' someone of being a paedophile than you can 'cure' someone of being gay, or you could cure me of fancying leggy brunettes with big tits, then talk of treatment is an irrelevence - the only treatment is mitigation of risk, which means seperation.

18. pengaleng

ridiculous leopard I aint gonna touch.

I also aint talking about 'treatment' as I know full well you cant 'cure' desire - it'd depend what turned them on which could be fuckin anything just 'a child' aint it

19. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

What?

Could you source that, bc it looks like bollocks.

20. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

gay/paedo correlation is dodgy ground to be on as well

crossthebreeze likes this.
  21. pengaleng

well if the two are connected it's dodge, as an illustration of shit that cant be cured it's pretty high on the list with correctional therapy

22. kebabking

theres no correlation.

its merely an illustration of stuff you aren't going to change about someones sexuality.

23. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

24. mrs quoad

So 22% sexual reoffending for a cohort of 209 "extra-familial" child sex offenders, this being a high risk subgroup to start with.

25. mrs quoad

And the abstract concludes:

26. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Possibly whatever this refers to. I can't recall the thread that it was posted on.

Pessimism about pedophilia - Harvard Health

27. kebabking

is that 22% reoffending rate, or 22% conviction rate?

personally, i'm not that interested in the conviction rate...

28. xenon

xenon Radical efficiencies

If you want to fuck a human child, or a representation of a human child, you need locking up. i.e. Being kept away from any potential contact with children. Whether that's a prison, if you've committed offence. A secure hotel, for want of a better phrase, if undergoing treatment with out having committed acrime.

That's my starting point.

ItWillNeverWork likes this.
  29. mrs quoad

The study you first quoted could well be the source for that figure (as it's around 46% for *any* reoffending of any type), but - as the excerpt you've quoted states - that is not a figure for sexual reoffending.

30. cupid_stunt

As I pointed out in an earlier post, experts are divided between it could help or it could make things worst.

In this link supporting the use of dolls: Child 'sexbots' for treating paedophilia could revolutionise therapy - the so-called 'experts' are people from a tech firm (who is actually only suggesting they could be helpful) & from someone that makes & sell these child sex dolls. :hmm:

In this link: ‘Dubious and repulsive’ Experts slam claim paedophiles can be ‘cured’ by child sex robots - you have other 'experts' saying the opposite, another tech guy and Peter Fagan of the John Hopkins School of Medicine, plus Professor Lin questioning their use. And, in the first link in the OP, you have Prof Noel Sharkey pushing for a ban on them.

I am siding with a ban, but open to some controlled trial.

dylanredefined likes this.