Help Service for printing large photographs for an exhibition - recommendations, please!

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by editor, Aug 23, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've been asked if I'd be interested in showing off some of my work at local exhibition. There's a pretty small budget for printing (obvs!) but I'd be looking at printing around 25-30 different photos at a decent size (A3, maybe bigger).

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent service - preferably fairly speedy? I guess online is cheaper but if there's any businesses in south/central London I'd prefer to use them.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I used to use Peak Imaging, I'd recommend them - they are very highly regarded. It's been years though.

Looks like A3 costs maybe £8 a print.

editor likes this.
  4. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

It's been a while since I've used them too, but I'd second Peak Imaging

editor likes this.
  5. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

editor likes this.
  6. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

I don't know if the quality would be good enough, but perhaps printing them out as banners then clipping them on to frames would work. I tried this with pictures of the kids for home and they look good.
    I managed to find a supply of used artists canvasses for free so I made a load, but that's home quality, maybe not good enough for an exhibition.
    The matt finish is pleasing to my eye - The trick is to print only, telling the shop not to fold the edges and add eyelets, but you have to print a border so you have spare to fold round the frame and have enough spare to staple to it. I used CorelDraw to create the images but I suppose you'd use Photoshop.

example.JPG

7. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

These guys are local chums. I haven't used their giclee printing but I've used their general printing on and off for years and they've always been great. www.justgiclee.co.uk

One of the biggest advantages of going with them, other than the fact you can pick their brains and get good advice, is that you can go and collect the bloody things, no faffing about with couriers.

editor likes this.
  8. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

9. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Do you know anyone with a decent a3 printer who'd let you use it if you supply your own ink and paper? Probably cheaper than paying for commercial prints.