second hand camera shops

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by sovietpop, Feb 8, 2007.

1. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

I left my much loved cannon g5 on a plane on Tuesday night and it looks like someone has taken it. boo hoo. :( I love that camera so much, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a second hand one. Does anyone know of any second hand (digital) camera stores (besides ebay)?

2. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Are you still in Dublin or London? There's loads in London, you could try gumtree either.

3. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

I'm in Dublin, so online ones would be better but I'll be over in London in March. Where is this gumtree you speak off?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm going into central London today and I'll have a look for you if you like. What's your max budget?

5. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

Well looking at ebay I reckon a Canon G5 would probably cost about 200 sterling. If you could see if they stock them or even if they know if its possible to get them second hand, i'd much appreciate it.

6. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

7. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

Ta, it does

8. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

So what about central london then - are there any camera shops people would recomend?

9. Bernie Gunther

Bernie Gunther Fundamentalist Druid

Aperture near the British Museum and Grays near Victoria Station. Latter is Nikon-only though and the former is Nikon, Leica and a bit of MF stuff afaik.

10. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

ta much appreciated.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I took around Jessops, Jacobs and a couple of other W End stores and not seen a G5. Sorry!

12. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

Thanks for looking, now I'm thinking of getting an eos 3500 if I can find one , and a a640 for carrying around. Though I change my mind every two minutes. I'll be in London next week so I was thinking I might check out camera shops over there.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Don't go near a Ricoh GR then. Most people I've shown the camera to then decide that they want one!

14. sovietpop

sovietpop don't shoot me

ah if only it had a twist and tilt lcd screen I'd be tempted.

15. tom_craggs

tom_craggs Well-Known Member

I have used them, and they are excellent. Got a 77mm B+W red filter that would have set me back a huge some of money for £15, in perfect condition through the post. I was recently up visiting my ex in Tain so stopped by the shop, all really knowledgable people - shop is full of absolute bargains, saved me a fortune, especially on filters etc.

16. Spode

Spode splodgebucket of the yard

I have a Canon G5 which I was intending to put on ebay, if you're interested. It's had very little use, hence the need to sell it.

17. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

Bumpity bump!

I have a Lumix DMC-LX3 that I barely used. I'd like to sell it but I'd like to avoid selling it online, purely because I'll have to pack it properly, purchase insurance, and then shit myself that it may not arrive in good condition at the buyer's end.

Are there any shops in London I can sell this camera to?

Thank you.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can't think of anywhere apart from the CEX stores that are everywhere. It's still a good camera but like all electronics, its value plummets over time.

19. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

Nice one, thank you. Apparently there is a branch in Peckham, I'll try them.

20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member