1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Tickets and admission prices for 2017/2018 season

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Griff_Turnstile, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

mrs quoad likes this.
  2. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Honestly, the club need a better payments company if you need to charge an £8 admin fee for paying online!

Like, fine, the prices need to go up, it was going to happen at some point, but that's a steep old charge for 'convenience'.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    mrs quoad, clog and editor like this.
  3. Griff_Turnstile

Thing is these charges have been absorbed by the club for a number of years including the VAT payments. The option to pay by cheque still exists for those would prefer not to pay the admin fee. Buying a season ticket at this stage will allow an adult to save up to £88 if they attend all games, so I leave it to the individual to decide what is a fair admin charge..

4. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

To put it into perspective, it is about 0.38p a match for the payment fees.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I don't care about the price increases but surely if there are alternatives to save the club time they should take it. I will pay in cash and then some poor volunteer will have to make out a receipt, count it, and take it to the bank to be banked.

Does anyone know a better method of online payments and if so will the club take it on?

How much would seetickets charge? And editor used some ticket system for one of his free gigs perhaps.

mrs quoad likes this.
  6. Griff_Turnstile

SEE Tickets only do events so not an option. The payment system charges the club a sellers fee much like PayPal does. Using PayPal as opposed to GoCardless would result in buyers paying 4p per transaction less.

7. Griff_Turnstile

As a comparison the booking fee on SEE Tickets amounts to 8% or 80p on a £10 ticket, 32p on a concession

mrs quoad likes this.
  8. Fingers

Can we not use the bank merchant account we already have for the club? I am happy to put a webpage together where I can integrate a solution to take payments.

The fees per transaction would be a huge amount less because we would be doing it ourselves and cutting out the middle man.

iamwithnail likes this.
  9. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Are you using GC? Well, from memory, when I was building payment stuff for my last company, PayPal typically charge 3.9% + 20p per transaction, Stripe charge 1.4% + 20p, and GoCardless charge 1% capped at £2. (With yeah, a £600/year merchant charge for some tiers) Iget that the club have probably been swallowing it, but still.

mrs quoad likes this.
  10. Griff_Turnstile

Eventbrite perhaps? Have spoken to them in the past but fees are greater than those SEE tickets which remains the most cost effective I have found though am open to investigate other options if they are suggested to me.

B.I.G likes this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are doing everything possible as usual :) I will be paying in cash so just need to know who to give it to...

12. Griff_Turnstile

Will be Bill Azzi as usual, don't forget the brown envelope

mrs quoad, iamwithnail and B.I.G like this.
  13. Griff_Turnstile

Presumably that is as a bolt on to the site? Unfortunately can't access the site at moment for some reason so can't confirm percentages we are charged but don't forget the club is also subject to VAT as mentioned in the article.

iamwithnail likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

We should IMMEDIATELY implement a Clapton Ultras style TOTAL BOYCOTT of the club over this OUTRAGEOUS and MASSIVE £1 rise.

#notinmyscaffold

AndyF, YTC, Pink Panther and 4 others like this.
  15. Fingers

We can oust the kids from their vantage points and still see the game

mrs quoad likes this.
  16. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy a RV and park it down the side :D
    tmp_20875-RVLots_033-lg-193425330.jpg

mrs quoad likes this.
  17. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Becoming VAT registered means you will also be reclaiming VAT on your purchases. Which I guess is why £1 was seen as a fitting increase rather than £2

18. Griff_Turnstile

Unfortunately VAT demanded on income seriously outweighs VAT reclaimed on expenditure, which includes players' wages for example.

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

Nearly spat my coffee out. Bravo.

editor likes this.
  20. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I think the £1 increase is a good idea - £1 per game doesn't really make any difference to individuals, but £1 per game per head over the course of the season will be a good extra income for the club. Only concern would be the impact it might have on the turnstile guys as that's a really fiddly amount to have to give change for. I'd been in two minds about whether to renew my season ticket for next season, but this has convinced me to do it as I just know I'd end up arriving at the turnstiles without the right change every week.

The admin charge for online payment is a bit more annoying - online payment should be more convenient than cash/cheques, not less. Surely if everyone turns up at the club with a cheque, there's admin work involved in that for someone. Honestly, I don't think I even own a cheque book any more - I haven't used a cheque in years. Understand if the club haven't been able to find a way of doing it that doesn't incur that cost, though.

iamwithnail likes this.
  21. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

I think the Club and Liam have handled and explained the reasoning for the increase in admission very well
    As stated had to happen, had been held down artificially for many years

Only suggestion is maybe we could look at making it easier to pay ie by contactless card and various paying online options

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  22. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I'm happy to cough up the additional £8. A small price to pay for the information that cheques are still a thing.

mrs quoad likes this.
  23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Gave Bill my form with a cheque yesterday. Last time I used the chequebook was early 2015.

mrs quoad likes this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It's also worth noting, that no matter what suggestions are made, it is not the Football Committee that, ultimately, decides. It is the owners, and it was their decision to add any handling charges.
    Personally, I think Liam has done very well in this, concessions are kept as cheap and wide ranging as possible, and if you can't afford the increase, if you are on a lower income, as we've already stated many a time, you can pay for your season ticket over three instalments.
    The increase is 'small' if you are working, and it helps us argue to keep the concession prices down, as anyone who recently went down to Havant & Waterlooville will know... they charged £12, with concesssions at £9.

Things aren't perfect, but let us all not forget... the Football Committee try to get the best deal possible for our fans, but ultimately we ARE accountable to the owners, and they control the club and the final decisions on prices rest with them. Liam & the Committee only have the 'power' to argue the fans' corner, and I think have done this very well, regarding this thread.

B.I.G, dcdulwich, mrs quoad and 3 others like this.
  25. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Respect

26. jmjmjm

jmjmjm New Member

don't be so disingenuous you stupid prick, their boycott wasn't about the £1 rise but about what it represented

mrs quoad likes this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Kissy kissy.

62ceb259e24a441640cd725d85410beb.jpg

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

A detailed guide to removing the hook from your mouth can be found here: How to Unhook a Fish

Pink Panther, mrs quoad and editor like this.
  29. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'm staying at work for a bit.

YTC and Cyclodunc like this.
  30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

[​IMG]

editor and EDC like this.