1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say goodbye to 2017: Norbury Park walk, 31st December

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by mango5, Dec 26, 2017.

?

Are you walking on Sunday?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2017.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bibble

50.0%
  1. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

By my reckoning there hasn't been a Winterval walk for at least five years. Is anyone upferit this year?

Note I am breaking with a broken tradition and suggesting we walk together on NYE rather than the 1st.

Train leaves Victoria at 11.10 and stops at Clapham Junction and Balham on the way to Box Hill arriving just after noon. Circular route takes about 2 hours so even with a hostelry we'll be safely back in zone 2 by dark.

http://www.surreyhills.org/discover-route/norbury-park-walk/

Maggot likes this.
  2. Maggot

Maggot If specified, this will replace the title that

Does the train stop in Croydon?

3. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

4. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

5. mango5 likes this.
  6. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

mango5 likes this.
  7. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

Definitely interested - have a sore shoulder atm so will see how I go by then

mango5 likes this.
  8. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Cheers for the thought, but I’m in Wales and then Cotswolds until the new year.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  9. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Bump.
    Plan is to be on the 11.10 out of Victoria, 11.24 from Balham, arriving at Box Hill and Westhumble at 12.06. Route info is in the OP.
    I think we have around 6 strollers. Meet in the first train carriage. Please let me know if you are coming so I can be in touch on the day if need be.

10. Stig

Stig Bull in a china shop

Definitely planning on coming, sounds good!

mango5 likes this.
  11. zora

zora true to the crab

Sounds lovely, but am working that day. :/
    Please keep keeping me in the loop about walks in the new year; they are definitely on my list of new year's resolution type musings. Not being on enough walks with other people has been one of the lows for me this year and last year.
    Have a great day!

12. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

Walking the capital ring with the new baby tomorrow (Hackney Wick section). Continue to do hardcore London-based walks (up to 15 miles) with a new born baby almost every week with an open invitation to anybody to attend.

Happy to support the walking project on Urban but not sure yet on this one so voting Bibble.

13. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

rich! This is the thread that does not exist.
    I think there are 7 meeting at Victoria, please bring any railcards (I already have a full complement for my railcard)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    rich! likes this.
  14. Leafster

Leafster Nurturing green fingers

I'd like to come along but I have one more job to finish before tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'm reliant on my client to getting some documents to me before I can complete it. :(

If I get it sorted, I'll meet you all at Box Hill & Westhumble station.

mango5 , assuming you still have the same mobile number, I'll text you to confirm before you get to the start of the walk.

mango5 likes this.
  15. Cloo

Cloo U R dOin me a friTen

Sounds like we should bring sandwich to eat on move for lunch? (I can't function without something approximating lunch between about midday and half one)

mango5 likes this.
  16. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Good plans both. I'm still on the same number. Those who don't have a clockwork stomach would probably do well to have a good breakfast or bring food as I haven't investigated refreshment options.

Leafster likes this.
  17. han

han brixton hill hobbit

Damn, I can't make this, coulda done the 1st. Thanks for the tag, Mango. Have a fab walk, everyone xx:thumbs:

18. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Since I've woken up, I will be attending :)

19. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

Sorry to miss this: I'm too tired to make it. Have a good walk

20. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Sorry to miss you Miss-Shelf han
    rich! Glad you are coming as I have a train ticket for you :)

han likes this.
  21. Leafster

I've only just finished with my client so realistically I'm not going to be able to get my arse into gear to make it for the start of the walk. :(

Hope you all have a good walk!

22. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

You are welcome to meet us in the middle or for a pint at the end :)

Leafster likes this.
  23. Leafster

Thanks! But I've decided to rearrange my day and get on with some other stuff this afternoon I've been putting off.

24. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

20171231_162513.jpg

Ceej likes this.