1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Lambeth Libraries and the Carnegie Library occupation

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by save_r_library, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Got into a conversation yesterday with a Lambeth Labour councillor in a pub in Clapham (as one does).
    He and his friend were delightful - but what struck me (since I initiated the conversation by making a challenging remark about the libraries) was that the councillor is a true believer in the GLL deal. No ifs, no buts. Almost like a vicar running the Alpha course.

I'm wondering what can be done now - except wait and see what happens. I don't see any change from the current councillors - short of Momentum engineering mass de-selections. Even then what is Momentum's policy on libraries?

It appears from what has been said in postings above that the current Labour council's policy on Carnegie is to get in so deep to the GLL transfer and building work that it is impossible to cancel. Back in 1992 that type of reckless behaviour might have been referred to as "corruption".

editor and Gramsci like this.