Save Gordon Grove Adventure Playground

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by bimble, Dec 3, 2015.

1. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Winot i haven't done much lately but Gramsci's been a total star and there's a bunch of people been working their arses off for this.
    Its looking great - made me so happy today, building now compliant with all safety regs and with a bit more cleaning ready to open its doors Monday :):)
    IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0960.jpg

editor any chance of a mention on buzz of what Gramsci posted up above re opening times this Summer?

2. bimble

bimble noisy but small

It’s going brilliant - full of children building painting running about, can’t put pics but total joy to see.

Gramsci likes this.
  3. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Got this email today.

If anyone can help email grovevolunteers@gmail.com

Dear All,

I am writing to ask if any of you have a spare amp and speakers, or a pa of a decent quality, to use at The Grove Adventure Playground. We desperately want to have some music at the adventure playground, but have no funds to purchase at this time. This could be a loan or a gift.

Most of you will know about the project to re-open the adventure playground with volunteers and a lot of hard work in the last year and a bit, and the playground has been a big hit in the community since it re-opened in July, 3 years after Lambeth shut it down.

I attach our fledgling website which gives more details and an idea of what we are trying to maintain for the community, so if you were to have a stereo or anything else you would like to offer that could be used, please let me know.

www.grove-playground.org.uk

Also, please feel free to pass on the website on social media and if you were to hear of anyone wanting to hire an iconic and brilliant venue for an event or party, please let me know.

sealion, BusLanes and bimble like this.
  4. Gramsci

sealion likes this.
  5. Gramsci

Meant to add. All welcome on Friday barbecue. It's from 12 to 5 .

BusLanes and sealion like this.
  6. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Hugely proud of you lot for your effective efforts. Would take too long to express my admiration.

Gramsci and sealion like this.
  7. Gramsci

8. Gramsci

Now Summer holidays have finished going to start opening on Saturday. IMG_3431.JPG IMG_3430.JPG

9. Gramsci

10. Gramsci

11. Gramsci

12. Gramsci

editor likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. Gramsci

15. Gramsci

16. OvalhouseDB

OvalhouseDB Well-Known Member

Way late to this, but just to say a big congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to put together a fantastic night for the Gala. I had visited the playground a few weeks earlier, and returned for the Gala. It was sold out, the film was fantastic and needs a wider audience. Great atmosphere, I loved the bonfire that kept everyone warm and social, good bar with some local beers, excellent food, and great performances from Potent Whisper and local youth ensemble The Youthsayers. Met so many local friends and work contacts down there and talked with many new people. A good night out, and I hope much money was made.

Gramsci likes this.
  17. Gramsci

OvalhouseDB likes this.
  18. Gramsci

This new document gives summary of recent use of the adventure playground.

It was done as the adventure playground future is still under long term threat of redevelopment. The Council view was that the site was under used and that there was no demand for supervised adventure playground space. So this site is was available for redevelopment.

Attached Files:

19. Gramsci

The Drew Elves need your help!

The Drew Elves need your help!

Please donate what you can...
    On Saturday 15th December we will be throwing the children of the Grove Adventure Playground a special festive party.
    Our microsite is now open, and we have one week to collect all donations.
    Click on the icons below to donate now!

Please consider donating what you can towards the cost of providing a Christmas meal for the children of the Grove?
    Perhaps you can offer something to make the day even more special, from packets of mince pies to presents for the children?

Or maybe you can even spare some Christmas decorations, colourful napkins or crackers?

If you prefer to donate physical gifts, contact team@drewlondon.co.uk and we will collect them directly.

Every single donation will mean the world to the children at the Grove, many of whom I’ve come to know personally through my volunteering each weekend.

I know from experience that putting a smile on their faces is one of the most rewarding things you can do, so I hope you’ll join me by giving what you can.
    With thanks,
    Elle

shakespearegirl and cuppa tee like this.
  20. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

done

editor and Gramsci like this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. Gramsci

:thumbs:

Thanks. Much appreciated

23. Gramsci

24. Gramsci

Christmas tree up this morning. Thanks to generous donations presents for the young people. 20181215_114053.jpg