Save Dulwich Hamlet Campaign

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Fingers, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

SAVE_DH_LOGOS-01.jpg Welcome to the Save Dulwich Hamlet website!

This website will:

- Act as a focal point to co-ordinate our fan lead actions
    - Host campaign resources
    - Collate campaign media exposure
    - Give those new to the current situation a rundown of how we've got to this point and the key stakeholders involved.

We will keep you up to date as the campaign progresses so please check back regularly!

Welcome to Save Dulwich Hamlet

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    3 little dogs and Thimble Queen like this.
  2. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Seems to loop me through Facebook when I click that link. Might just be my phone though.

3. Fingers

Just updated the link, try again Dan.

4. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Yep all good

Good luck with the fight too.

Fingers likes this.
  5. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

Fingers, the just giving link at the bottom of the pages doesn't work - 404 error. Or is this just for me? cheers

6. Fingers

Thanks mate. Just fixed that.

7. Fingers

Hi all, we are looking to cadge a loud hailer or a portable sound system for Sat 17th March. You will be rewarded with a Meadow Out Badge and eternal gratitude! If anyone has one we can have for a couple of hours, please let me know.

8. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Moving target

Just sent this:

Councillors Catherine Rose, Jon Hartley & Andy Simmons

c/o Members Room

160 Tooley Street
    London SE1 2QH

Dear Madam & Sirs,

I am writing to you to support the proposal that Southwark Council should seek to acquire the freehold of the Champion Hill stadium with the object of securing the future of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club.

I am sure you are only too aware of the perfidy, avarice, venality and duplicity of the current owners of the site. Their actions this week, breaking many, if not all, previous agreements with the board of both the football club itself, and the board of the supporter’s trust, not to mention the absurd & ridiculous farce of seeking to deny the football club the right to use the name Dulwich Hamlet, are but the latest in a long series of lies & betrayals.

I am not going to recap at length the achievements of the football club in establishing a model for all clubs to follow in becoming a genuine pillar of the local community - they are too numerous to mention - but I will say that if Southwark loses the services of Gavin Rose, the club’s football manager, it will be a huge loss to the borough, and if you want to examine the length & depth of the club’s commitment to giving hope & help to the disadvantaged local youth, I ask you to consult Kevin Holland, former local community police officer, for his recollections of the role the club has played in this.

Personally, as a recent emigré from north London, and former season ticket holder at Arsenal F.C. no longer able to afford to attend, I was delighted by my first visit to see Dulwich Hamlet play at Champion Hill. I have since become a regular attendee, and also volunteered to help with match-day stewarding, and operate the turnstiles.

My girlfriend’s son also attends with his friends, and likewise has undertaken volunteer stewarding, which I feel was very useful for his self-confidence and experience.

In my view, to characterise the fan-base of the club as ‘hipsters’ is simplistic & insulting. The fan-base is as broad in age, gender, race & demographic as the borough itself, and all the cheap cracks about craft beer and sauerkraut are obscuring the truth: Dulwich Hamlet is very much part of the borough’s community, and all Southwark residents can be proud of it, and should do everything they can to support it. I therefore urge you to do likewise, as, I am confident, you already intend to do.

Sincerely yours,

billbond, clog, pompeydunc and 4 others like this.
  9. Fingers

Brilliant Bill. Exactly what we need!

10. Fingers

Jimbob73 likes this.
  11. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

13. Son of Roy

Its from the Scum I am afraid :oops: I didn't buy it, I found it in a bin .... honestly ;)

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. Pink Panther

Surprisingly sensible article from them!

15. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Really...I just bought one in my lunch break...needs must sometimes! ;)

16. Son of Roy

Wash your hands afterwards

Pink Panther likes this.
  17. Buffalo Bill

Dear Mr Chidley,

Thank you very much for writing to me with your concerns about the future of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club (DHFC).

The Club is an important and much-loved local institution, which is valued not only for the enjoyment of the game which it provides, but also for its role in enabling talented young footballers from a diverse range of backgrounds to develop their skills and for its wider role in the local community and its support for a wide range of charitable causes.

It has been extremely concerning to see the actions of an irresponsible developer putting the future of the club at risk and behaving in such an unacceptable way. As you know, the club’s landlord Meadow Residential LLP, have recently taken punitive measures against the Club following the withdrawal of their planning application which was not compliant with Southwark Council or London-wide planning policies. These measures include claiming £120,000 in back-dated rent, banning DHFC from the grounds on Champion Hill, and serving the Club with a legal notice that it no longer had the right to use its own name or initials. The planning policy issues concerned a lack of affordable housing put forward in the proposal, and insufficient justification for building on Metropolitan Open Land (MOL), which can only be built on in exceptional circumstances.

I note that Meadow has recently released a statement offering to give back the rights to the name of the club, amongst a continued commitment to bring the club back into supporter ownership. However, I remain concerned that these offers are dependent on certain conditions being met, which will be increasingly difficult to reach. Indeed, I am concerned that the breakdown of trust between DHFC, the developers, and Southwark Council, means that the best option is for Meadow Residential to release the land, either into public ownership, under Southwark Council or any other responsible interested party, in order to secure the future of this important community asset.

I have been in close contact with DHFC, Dulwich Hamlets Supporters Trust (DHST) and Southwark Council on this issue. On Monday 6 March I met with DHST and football committee representatives at the Houses of Parliament alongside my colleagues Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP, Harriet Harman MP and Lord Roy Kennedy to discuss recent developments.

I am pleased to have secured a 30 minute Adjournment Debate in the House of Commons on Friday 16 March, in order to raise the issues DHFC is facing with a government minister.

I understand that Southwark Council is doing everything possible to secure a viable long term future for the club, and I know that the leader of the Council, Cllr Peter John, and London Mayor Sadiq Khan, wrote to Meadow this week, urging them to re-assess their continued involvement with the Club.

Please rest assured that I will continue to represent my constituents concerns on this issue and do everything possible to ensure a viable long term future for our much loved Dulwich Hamlet Football Club on its current site.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Helen

Helen Hayes MP
    Member of Parliament for Dulwich and West Norwood

Pink Panther and blueheaven like this.
  18. Buffalo Bill

I didn't vote for her (long-standing member of the Green Party), but I think she's quite impressive.

Pink Panther and blueheaven like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Buffalo Bill likes this.
  20. Fingers

21. Trimmy

Trimmy Member

this from Caroline Pidgeon

Caroline Pidgeon <Caroline.Pidgeon@london.gov.uk>

As an East Dulwich resident I am only too aware of the importance of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club to our local community and the wider area Indeed my husband and four year old son love going to watch DUFC play at home

I value and support the team and am outraged by the owners who thought they could develop this stadium, build on Metropolitan Open Land and make a huge profit. Their behaviour since discovering they cannot do this has been unprofessional and unacceptable - treating the club and fans with utter disrespect.

I support the Council looking to Compulsory Purchase the stadium and to find a way forward to protect the local club.

I know local Liberal Democrat Councillors and campaigners will do what they can to help and support.

With best wishes,

Caroline Pidgeon MBE AM
    Liberal Democrat Assembly Member

Deputy Chair of Transport Committee
    www.carolinepidgeon.org
    LONDONASSEMBLY Liberal Democrat
    City Hall, The Queen's Walk, London SE1 2AA

Pink Panther and dessiato like this.
  22. Pink Panther

I'm told that Cllr Catherine Rose turned up for her surgery at Kigswood Community Centre wearing her Hamlet scarf this morning. That wasn't a photo opportunity, most people there are probably unaware of out club and what's happening. I only know because a friend recognised it as the same scarf I wear.

Loads of my friends with no real interest in football are seeing media reports of our situation and asking who these bastards are who are trying to destroy our club.

I believe we're winning the war.

23. Fingers

Just to let you know, regardless of the fact we are playing at Tooting on the Sunday we will still be going ahead with the demo on Saturday. It will start at 12. we were going to move it a bit later but we are a bit short on time for re-arranging with Southwark who have both been amazing about it.

editor Are you good to do an article on Buzz on Sunday/Monday?

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Of course - give me a nudge (and send me some material) and I'll get on it and social media the life out of it.

Fingers likes this.
  25. Fingers

With us going on a holiday to Tooting, we have a whole new demographic to tap into :)

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  26. Fingers

No problem Mr E. Thanks.

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm going to knock out a post with lots of travel info and maybe some local boozers/food places to recommend to encourage folks to make the trip.

Abanico and dessiato like this.
  28. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

A curry in tooting after a game is quite a treat. magneze what was the place we went to after the boxing day match? It was cheap and delicious. Plenty of veggie stuff on offer too. Think it might have been byob.

clog and crocustim like this.
  29. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Lahore Karahi

crocustim and Thimble Queen like this.
  30. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

That place is so fit *drools*

magneze likes this.