Saudi Arabia chosen to head human rights panel whilst sentencing citizen to crucifixion

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by teqniq, Sep 23, 2015.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Heres a nice little pick of herself and him.....we sell him arms, makelots of money and he sells us oil. Maybe we can help train his forces, for a price to use our arms
    to slaughter many innocent people. (thinking online line for a mo; who is the bigger war crmimnal).

upload_2017-7-21_19-2-0.jpeg

2. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

intersting that Corbyn hasn't come out and categorically stated that Labour would publish the report if they win election...

3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Because...

4. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

What do you think calling for the report to be published is?

5. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

I need assurances. calling for it to be published is different to actually stating clearly and unequivocally that you will publish it. We had promises of an ethical foreign policy under New Labour in 97 and saw that go down the pan.

6. butchersapron

No it's not. He's making the claim that he would, if it is in his power, publish it. That's what you're asking for and that's what he's doing.

7. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

What Robin cook actually said was the four bases of Labour's fp would be security for nations, the prosperity of britain, quality of life in britain and to secure the respect of other nations for britain's contribution to keeping the peace and promoting democracy around the world.

8. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Cross-posted from the other Saudi thread (I put it there because it seemed the most recent one), here is a petition regarding the executions that hash tag is talking about. I know online petitions are probably not that effective, but still... also an absurd story; the link title speaks for itself but apparently she has since been released after claiming that
    Also pretty decent article from Fisk

To the Government, Saudi Arabia is 'The Kingdom Whose Name We Dare Not Speak At All'

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Saudi, take notice of a petition in Britain...I think not.

10. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

No indeed probably not, but what else are we supposed to do? With the vermin in charge nothing remotely resembling a moral foreign policy is anywhere on the horizon. All they care about is money and power as I'm sure pretty much everybody on here is aware.

11. butchersapron

Wow - that piece reads like it was written by Robin Askwith or a Saudi prince:

12. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

I think you'll find he's taking the piss, at least that's the way I took it.

13. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Lobby MP's.
    Lobby Fallon.
    Lobby London mayor.
    Lobby mayor of area where arms trade is held.
    Lobby Saudi ambassador.
    RISE UP AND PROTEST...outside Saudi embassy or against arms trade fairs, this year docklands in September.
    Donate to campaigning organisations like CAAT.
    I cannot guarantee any of these things will help, but to do nothing is to be complicit.
    It's your conscience, you have to sleep with your decisions.....

14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

PS. Boycott Saudi for holibobs, boycott Saudi products :eek: boycott companies that make the arms, take issue with people that are in anyway caught up with companies that manufacture arms and tell them you are doing so; remember the issue with the science museum and the arms trade?
    Don't take it lying down.

15. butchersapron

Nah, that's prime red-faced public schoolboy fisk.

16. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

hash tag I have lobbied my MP in the past but the next four items on your list I fear like the petition are going to fall on deaf ears. As for protesting I know you've done stuff and fair play to you but I have neither the time nor the resources to get involved in such things.

17. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

(Whilst I was working nights and should have been in bed sleeping) I joined a CAAT protest outside the commons. It was full of happy clappy born again types, which is so not my thing, but it gained much publicity. I went to another at the RAE Farm borough. There must have been about 10 maybe 20 of us there, monitored filmed, photographed by the police but hey ho...how much do these things work, I don't know...but we must stop people like the science museum getting involved and that is proven possible.

18. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

20. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

21. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

22. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

23. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

"by Saudi soldiers, among whom were several of the flight attendants from the plane now wearing Saudi military uniforms and armed with machine guns."

nice people to do business with.

teqniq likes this.
  24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

25. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Confidential U.N. Report Accuses Saudi Coalition of Killing Hundreds of Yemeni Kids

How this report is going to sit alongside the decision to have them chair the human rights panel is beyond me.

there again they appear to be lobbying to have themselves removed from the report's findings

Scum.

26. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

agricola and CNT36 like this.
  27. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

hash tag likes this.
  28. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

29. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Saudi Arabia crucifies murderer while human rights spat with Canada escalates

*It has to be noted here that in the midst of this Canada is still selling military equipment to the Saudis.

30. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Class, pure class. Welcome to the stone age :facepalm: