Saudi Arabia chosen to head human rights panel whilst sentencing citizen to crucifixion

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by teqniq, Sep 23, 2015.

1. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

2. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Easter is only around the corner, on a Friday as always, this could be quite a good time.
    Should we be even speaking to these people? I see Obama is due to visit Saudi in a week or two.

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

4. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Interesting programme, certainly worth watching but not for those easily shocked, upset or have little knowledge about those nice Saudi people and their religious police.

5. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Saudis Pressure U.N. to Remove Them From List of Children’s Rights Violators :mad:

6. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

7. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The end is meh

teqniq likes this.
  8. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

A spokeswoman said: "It is not good enough to merely criticise other countries from the sidelines.

"Only by working with Saudi Arabia are we able to bring about the changes we would like to see in the country."

strange how they never said that about a) the third reich, or b) the soviet union

e2a: i wonder what the changes they would like to see in fact are, because from where i am it looks like they want to see 47 executed in one day

9. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Lord Rothermere and the Daily Mail certainly never wanted to help the Third Reich to become more moderate. He just wanted us to be more like them; and challenge those who: "exaggerated to give the impression that Nazi rule was a blood-thirsty tyranny."

[​IMG]

stuff_it and frogwoman like this.
  10. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Olly Murs is a cock

11. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

We must be careful with these people, we wantctheirccash for our guns and of course, their oil. The sooner we use more renewables and less oil the better.

12. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Driving without headlights

Well they're doing a marvellous job so far. In fact, since I started typing this sentence, Saudi Arabia has hardly executed anyone.

krtek a houby likes this.
  13. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Ramadan finishes on 5th July ( next Tuesday ). I suspect the executions will begin in Saudi and Indonesia soon after :mad::hmm:

15. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

16. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Theresa May has been urged to throw Saudi Arabia off the UN Human Rights Council

17. Pickman's model

Yeh. Easter famous for death, isn't it.

18. Pickman's model

19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

We must not do anything to upset the nice people of Saudi; we want thier oil and money for our arms, not forgetting someone to question our terrorist suspects.

teqniq likes this.
  20. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

21. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Boris Johnson's remarks about Saudi Arabia 'not the government's view'

Whilst it it is nice to see Johnson criticising the Saudis I am finding it difficult to believe that he will have done it purely for altruistic purposes. More likely he sees it in some way as a means of positioning himself as an alternative to May.

Duncan2 likes this.
  22. stuff_it

stuff_it stirred the primordial soup

Haven't we pretty much done away with legal aid? :confused:

23. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

24. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

25. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

26. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

No surprises there, thanks the the nasty, capitalist, Tory party :(
    Could we send mother Theresa and Amber Rudd over their to live. 6 months should be enough to help them change their minds.

teqniq likes this.
  27. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

No shit Sherlock

Saudi Arabia has 'clear link' to UK extremism, report says - BBC News

Though I am not much liking the source for this rather obvious news. The Henry Jackson Society could in it's own way be considered be considered extreme but I suppose it's respectable extremism so that's ok then.

28. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I hear those awfully nice people in Saudi are hoping to put another crowd of people to the sword, including someone who is disabled and in a wheelchair and someone who is a juvenile. Ed millibland has written to mother Theresa to request her intervention...that will do the trick no doubt :facepalm:

You can certainly tell the strength of a nation by the way it murders people for possibly daring to question it :mad:

29. J Ed

J Ed I remember the future

North Korea in the desert, with guns and surveillance technology sold to them by us.

teqniq and mather like this.
  30. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes