Road to Hell - Chris Rea
Good Morning Judge - 10cc
An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis

Last edited:

PartisanDulwich

Chippenham came with a plan and a new manager to play for
it worked
But the truth was Hamlet struggled to break down Chippenham and only came to life in last 15 minutes
again many wasted attacks - lots of Chippenham time wasting (which dislike unless it's us away)
and could have easily not got that equaliser
but we scrabbled a goal in the 90th, so generally pleased
good to see and meet a number of dedicated Chippenham fans - who like us are keen to build a community club
At the end of the day a point salvaged when it was looking like we wouldn't get anything

Dulwich Hamlet unbeaten this decade

Note attendance has been reviewed from 2,901 to 3,100
for 15th V 19th clash in the Vanarama League South

Last edited:

Pink Panther

Another crap referee. Is there no timewasting rule at this level?
I thought the referee was quite fair and consistent myself. We were already in stoppage time when we equalised and he played at least 5 more minutes after that, most of which must have been added for timewasting as there weren't many other stoppages as I recall. He rightly ignored a couple of bogus attempts to win free kicks. The only time he really annoyed me was just after our equaliser when a counter attack was halted by their 10 making a meal of a challenge on the halfway line. On the whole I'd take that refereeing performance over most others.

Laurie hill

Thought ref was fine.
We were poor today - so slow. Only deserved a point at best with the late rally - 10 more mins we would have won it. Chippenham played ok and defended well but it’s 2 points dropped as they’re not a strong team.

Thought we left the subs far too late today - probably would have won it otherwise.

chapman probably man of the match - looking much better at right back.

need to improve for Tuesday

Thought ref was fine.
We were poor today - so slow. Only deserved a point at best with the late rally - 10 more mins we would have won it. Chippenham played ok and defended well but it’s 2 points dropped as they’re not a strong team.

Thought we left the subs far too late today - probably would have won it otherwise.

chapman probably man of the match - looking much better at right back.

need to improve for Tuesday
The buildup in the first half was painfully slow at times, We have two lightning quick wingers and Dylan and we were so slow in the buildup that they were able to park the bus. Give them their due, they were well organised and didn't really let us do this. Shamir didn't really seem at the races today.

I agree that's two points dropped.

I'd like to see some cards for timewasting, or guys who miraculously recover as soon as the game has stopped, not immediately allowed back on. It also probably makes me a horrible person but if they put it out, and their player makes a Lazarus like recovery (Chippenham 7, I'm looking at you), I wouldn't give the ball back either...

Think we will have to raise our game for Havant on Tuesday.

Pink Panther

The buildup in the first half was painfully slow at times, We have two lightning quick wingers and Dylan and we were so slow in the buildup that they were able to park the bus. Give them their due, they were well organised and didn't really let us do this. Shamir didn't really seem at the races today.

I agree that's two points dropped.

I'd like to see some cards for timewasting, or guys who miraculously recover as soon as the game has stopped, not immediately allowed back on. It also probably makes me a horrible person but if they put it out, and their player makes a Lazarus like recovery (Chippenham 7, I'm looking at you), I wouldn't give the ball back either...

Think we will have to raise our game for Havant on Tuesday.
I agree it is annoying. The keeper was doing that thing of flopping to the floor every time he gathered the ball, then very slowly getting up and taking much more than 6 seconds to release the it. Healso went down with a mysterious leg complaint at one point, sitting inside his 6 yard box while the play was on the halfway line, then apparently made a full recovery after brief "treatment" from the physio.

As long as sufficient time is added on I feel that timewasting, whilst it can disrupt the momentum of the team pushing for a goal, also ratchets up the pressure for the side doing it. Chippenham came very close to losing all three points in those final minutes after the equalizer, whereas if they'd just got on with the game after taking the lead the final whistle would have come sooner.

Our two wingers made little impression after one or two lively attacks at the start, the strikers were left to feed on scraps, there were a lot of misplaced passes and poor touches. We seemed to end up painstakingly trying to build from the middle third, knocking square passes around and probing unsuccessfully for openings against a massed defence, which became painful to watch.

I'd like to have seen Monakana and Ainsworth swap flanks to see it we got any more joy, and just to ask Chippenham a few more questions. The substitutions did have a positive effect, I think I prefer Monakana on the left, and Clunis coming on with fresh legs seemed to stretch them a bit more. I think I'd rather have Nathan Smith at left back, simply because Barnes just isn't a natural on the left and this negates the attacking threat we've often seen from him when he plays at right back. Chapman did well at right back wand was very unlucky not to equalize with cracking first time shot from twenty yards that smacked against the foot of the post.

The exciting finish seemed to fire up the crowd and will hopefully persuade a few more to come back on Tuesday. A few weeks ago I'm not sure we'd have taken anything from that game, and we remain unbeaten in 2020.

Team (4-4-2): Grainger - Chapman, Debrah, C.Smith, Barnes - Monakana, Taylor(c), Vose, Ainsworth - Mullings, Kearney. Subs: Clunis (for Ainsworth), Mills (for Kearney), N.Smith, Hunte, Ijaha (not used). attendance: 3,100

chris gil

making football club owners cry since 1893
I thought most of our crosses were awful , usually straight down the keepers throat ,Chapman being the main culprit , its bit frustrating when he gets forward so well then nauses up the chance to put in a good cross.

Kearney was playing a withdrawn role and looked ineffective as that's not his game , i thought we gave them a bit too much respect but overall as has been said previously a while ago we would've lost that game .

Overall still feel pretty positive about the rest of the season

jimbarkanoodle

Awful game really, had it been a wet/windy day the whole affair would have been rather bleak. Perhaps we had enough excitement the other week against Braintree!