Sat 12th Oct: Non League Day, Dulwich Hamlet vs Weymouth

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:32 PM.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Surprised there's not a thread on this already (unless I missed it)!

hamlet-non-league.jpg

2. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Big game as Weymouth are riding high and in good form and they don't concede many goals.

I would expect this to be our biggest attendance of the season so far.

JoeBoy1959, pettyboy and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Let’s hope the Weymouth fans behave themselves, I can’t really comment as I’ve not encountered them before, but listening to other fans we’ve played they can have a few who have a bit of a reputation on their day.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

5. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

No issues on the handful of occasions when they visited Hitchin Town in the Southern League over the last few years.

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

You say you "can't really comment", yet you just have. Wealdstone have "a bit of a reputation" if you listen to comments from some people, but they've always been fine with us home and away. Why not just give Weymouth a chance and judge for yourself?

7. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

This should be a great day. How many Weymouth supporters do we think will make the journey? It's a long way.

8. Pink Panther

Most away games will be a similar distance for them. A thread on their forum stated that the supporters coach was fully booked several days ago, so that's 50 plus however many come by car and train. They're newly promoted and they've made a strong start so I would imagine there's a fair amount of enthusiasm for doing away games at new destinations right now.

editor and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I’ve also never personally had problems with Woking fans, to name but one club, I was commenting as such, more mentioning unconfirmed things I’ve heard... I think there is a difference.

10. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Any risk to the match if it doesn't stop raining? Getting heavier now...

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

In all the time you have been going, how many first team games called off at home due to rain?

12. Pink Panther

Last major first team fixture to be washed out at Champion Hill was against Bury Town 6 seasons ago, when every other match in our division was also off. The Tonbridge game was frozen off immediately before Meadow kicked us out two seasons ago. I don't think it's actually been that wet for most of the week.

B.I.G likes this.
  13. Bugpowder Dust

Fair point. On my way!

B.I.G likes this.
  14. editor

editor hiraethified

Daily Mirror has made us one of their picks of the day

11 of the best matches on offer on Non-League Day 2019

15. Pink Panther

editor likes this.
  16. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Yeah Aaron Flanagan knows his non-league. Believe his Dad is a manager in one of the Northern leagues.

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

:)

18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Dulwich 1 Weymouth 0 Connor Hunte the scorer after an interception by Ade Yusuff.
    1-1 on 40 minutes.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 3:42 PM
    B.I.G and editor like this.
  19. editor

editor hiraethified

20. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Dulwich 1 Weymouth 2 penalty

21. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Dulwich 2 Weymouth 2 Christian Smith

B.I.G likes this.
  22. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Weymouth fans around me were a fantastic bunch. Hope they have a great time this season.

23. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Great game of football for the Neutral.

Arrived just in time to see Hunte score, although I was no where near it. Their equaliser was just an excellent finish on the Volley from just inside the box, Granger had no chance. Both teams had spells and looked dangerous throughout.

Didn’t see their penalty, thought we cleared it off the line for a throw.
    Vose looked transformed, linking well with Hunte at every opportunity and setting up Smith for an acrobatic volley to draw level. Granger made at least two world class saves, Weymouth won every second ball and often piled on the pressure, a point being the fair result.

editor likes this.
  24. Bugpowder Dust

Really? I'm unconvinced. Thought Barnes looked good today in a further forward role.

Crap conditions for a decent game of football, thought Hamlet had the best of it and probably deserved to win.

25. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great day
    fantastic attendance 2.900, would have been a sell out if weather had been better

Solid performance by Dulwich Hamlet, and could have easily nicked it, we had twice as many chances as Weymouth

some nice passing and build up work in the first half (old skool Gavin) and deserved to be ahead

not much from the Ref and the attack that lead to the penalty looked off side, but a draw, probably a fair result - and great away support a long way from home (but never like the hear "can you hear the XX sing" so boring and rather bizarre also to hear an anti Millwall chant - strange - admittedly from small section of Weymouths 100-150 fans

Hamlet did well to come back from going down 2-1 after the penalty

also

From Weymouth fan forum terrasshop

Both teams had their chances to win it but we can have no real complaints about a point, a fair result. Looking at other results, this league is as tight as a nats, we are doing amazingly well to maintain station in the top 7! One final point, very friendly club and fans but hardly any cover with both ends open to the elements and a soaking wet and steamy coach trip home"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 6:19 PM
  26. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

27. Pink Panther

Seriously, they need to be banned. Don't people have raincoats and hats? It was wet all day, everyone knows there isn't going to be much space at our home games, why do people think it's acceptable to turn up and stand at the front of a well attended spectator event and hold up a bloody great umbrella? You've got to be either very thick or very selfish to do that. I even saw people wearing raincoats with hoods they weren't using holding umbrellas. Years ago when crowds were a few hundred with space to move around and find a decent viewpoint, fine, but these days it's difficult enough as it is without some dimwit sticking a sodding brolly right in front of your face.

28. PartisanDulwich

29. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I also thought Vose played well. That said I’m not nearly as negative as the general view on here. I think he’s good. I think he constantly tries difficult things, and they don’t always work, because they’re difficult, and very often when difficult things don’t come off they look worse than when easy things don’t come off. But he keeps trying those difficult things, and asking for it - from my angle he was often the only one in midfield showing for the ball at 2-1 down - which frankly is the kind of bravery you want from a player.

30. PartisanDulwich

unstoppable to be fair

EDC likes this.