1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung's Galaxy s8 looks pretty amazing

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I just purchased a Bluboo x9 from China....and for a budget phone it certainly packs a punch. It's a better phone than my Samsung. Has fingerprint security on it....3gb ram....

Battery is not great, but still meets my needs.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's never going to be the most secure but better than nowt.
    If top notch security is your thang, use the iris or fingerprint scanner.

3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus when that came out with face recognition. Awful it was. Couldn't even recognise my own face half the time. Got switched off sharpish.

I'm amazed actually that they even gave themselves an open goal with the face recognition security flaw, especially given the massive advertising campaign they launched highlighting their product testing after the declarable that was the Note 7 catching fire. Last thing they needed was someone undermining their security with all the simplicity of a facebook photo.

S8 looks pretty nice anyway, despite this. Not that I'll be getting one.

4. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

I had it on my Note. It was quite clever and worked, but was slower then just swiping a pattern. Never tried showing a selfie though!

5. discobastard

discobastard _____Ϯ_____

I would use passcode personally. If you get mugged or arrested there is nothing to stop them holding you down and forcing your finger on the fingerprint scanner - they are so sentive these days it wouldn't be hard. Six digit passcode ftw (assuming you don't keep it in your wallet).

Can't remember where I read that but it has changed how I think about phone security.

6. Beetlebum

Beetlebum Banned Banned

How long before the first thousand pound flagship. It's getting silly.