1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryman Premier Odds 2017/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scrooge, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

For anyone that has missed this on twitter, William Hill have priced Billericay at 1/10 to win the league next season (that would be £1 won for every £10 staked). I've never seen such ludicrous odds on a season outright market.

That was a "request a bet" price, I imagine the odds will be longer once they've done their research and priced the entire league, but even so it gives an indication of the expectations for the season ahead.

Just seen that WH are offering 11/2 on Billericay NOT to win the league which I am very tempted to take!

Haven't seen a price for Dulwich yet but I would expect us to be second favourites.

2. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

William Hill have just replied to me to say Dulwich are 6/1 to win the league. Why on earth would anyone take that when the same bookie is offering 11/2 on anyone that isn't Billericay?!?

3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Obviously, as a Club official, I don't bet on football....but if I did I'd rather bet on us because it's the team I support....

4. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

I would love to bet big against 'Ricay at anything near 10/1. Hopefully Betfair will have outrights this yr.

Scrooge likes this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'd be all over anything that was "The Field" at more than 5/1. Backing 23/24 horses in a race in which so much can potentially go wrong on the pitch, not to mention the volatile set-up off the pitch, is huge value... £25 at 6/1, comes in, and there's 2018/19's season ticket paid for!

6. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

I'm not a betting man, nor do i have a mortgage, but 11/2 for Billericay to not win the league is very tempting - am I right in thinking Tamlin is still the first team manager?

Pink Panther and YTC like this.
  7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

His team are unbeaten for two months, of course he's still the manager! I'm not a betting man either, but I've just been awarded a significant amount of compensation for mis-sold PPI relating to a credit card that expired in 2003, which is literally a complete bonus that I wasn't really expecting. I'm tempted to stick a chunk of it on that, and in the event of Hamlet winning the league that's a bloody good promotion party.

Of course there's always the danger he might replace himself with someone who knows what they're doing.

pompeydunc and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  8. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

William Hill just declined to give me a price on this via their online system.... anyone had any joy elsewhere?

9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

They just said to me that they don't offer bets for teams to not win a league.

I sent them their own tweet with the 11/2 bet offered to someone. Let's see what they say.

Pink Panther and YTC like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

11. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

I have a confirmed £20 at 11/2 for them to NOT to win the league. Confirmed via a DM conversation on Twitter complete with reference number.

Did they give you a reason why it was rejected?

12. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Too good?

13. Cyclodunc

They just said it was no longer being offered

14. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Anyone who actually understands our league knows that it's very rare for any team to run away with it regardless of how much they spend on players. Throw in the lack of an experieinced manager and Mr Tamplin's rather excitable and impulsive public statements and it's clear there's a good chance they'll finish no higher than 2nd, and then it's irrelevant which other club is top.

I was going to have £200 on it but I'm blocked from betting sites unless I go to an internet cafe.