Ryanair dredge a new low

Discussion in 'transport' started by editor, Jul 26, 2010.

1. At least no Ryanair pilot has done what one of theirs did :(

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

They're Germanwings right? The new name after.......well you know what.

I think they mostly only do flights to Germany from the UK.

Thimble Queen likes this.
  3. harpo

harpo Listening to Radio Jackie

Yes we had a few dribs of rain this afternoon. We've been in the city of Lecce today, it's a spectacular city. Well worth a visit if you can get here.

oryx and Thimble Queen like this.
  4. Lecce is so fit. Fell in love with it this summer ❤

harpo likes this.
  5. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

With the added joy of no benefits and essentially being on zero contracts. Alot of people trading as limited companies are forced to do that. And because a company doesn't have employee right you can skip giving benefits like holiday pay to your pilots.

6. harpo

Spoke too soon. A bloody massive lightning show just getting going.

7. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

You sure about this wrt Ryanair ?

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  8. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

9. not-bono-ever

No , I mean the holiday situation - I thought this was more about hitting their flying limits rather than holidays. Could be wrong though

10. I bet it's still beautiful :cool:

harpo likes this.
  11. Yeah lol. My sister flew with them when she came to visit me earlier this year. She asked me what I thought cos she'd never heard of them :eek: :D

12. So.....looks like this is more to do with Ryanair treating their pilots like shit and the holiday thing is porkies...

Unless Ryanair treats pilots like me better, this crisis will be a long haul | James Atkinson

Could finally do for O'Leary.

And once it is all over, with hundreds of thousands of trips ruined due to greed, incompetence and downright shit-cunt behaviour, people will flock back to them, cos they love saving a quid or two.

13. Teaboy

Sounds like the pilots are organising as well. Good on them, I hope they squeeze Ryanair till they squeak. I don't suppose they'll try and get a better deal for the dreadfully treated cabin crew but there you go.

muscovyduck likes this.
  14. Teaboy

What a interesting time to be holding your AGM. An hilarious coincidence.

Anyway O'Leary is coming out fighting as its the only thing he knows how to do:

Mr O'Leary said the airline had "some goodies" to propose to pilots, but added: "If pilots misbehave, that will be the end of the goodies."

I hope they all leave and he has to ground every plane.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Bahnhof Strasse likes this.

15. He's got some front:

Ehrm, this whole thing seems very much that they do want union representation and have seen their chance to finally get it.

16. Teaboy

That's all he's got, one trick pony. He's currently the business equivalent of a drunkard stood at the side of the road with his pants round his ankles and shouting at passing traffic.

If I was a Ryanair pilot who wasn't considering leaving I'd certainly be polishing up my CV now.

17. harpo

Those fuckers at Ryanair have just sent us a text reminding us of our flight tomorrow. The flight they cancelled. The fuckers.

Spymaster likes this.
  18. Tweet them with a fucking screenshot and some swear words. How infuriating.

Bahnhof Strasse and harpo like this.
  19. Teaboy

Sorry, I shouldn't but I laughed. Their incompetence knows no limit.

But yeah like Thimble Queen says embarrass the fuckers on twitter or let a journo know.

20. harpo

I will when I get back. Fucking fuck:mad:

oryx and Thimble Queen like this.
  21. not-bono-ever

Ryanair cancels another 18,000 flights

Another 400K passengers stuffed

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/r...-cancellations-by-slowing-growth-this-winter/

34 routes removed during the winter

now this is Hitlers Bunker madness from the above press release

"(d) We will not respond or accede to anonymous demands made via unsigned emails for group or regional meetings, or for union interference at these internal ERC meetings. Many of our pilots and ERC’s have confirmed that these unsigned letters were drafted by pilots/unions of competitor airlines who wish to pursue an industrial relations agenda at the expense of Ryanair and its pilots."

Spymaster and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  22. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

23. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

So they haven’t sacked him?

SaskiaJayne and A380 like this.
  24. 2hats

2hats

The CAA are launching an inquiry into airline seating policies and whether some airlines are deliberately splitting groups up.

Separately, Ryanair’s chief marketing officer has admitted (there’s an Express article floating around), at a press conference, that they split up groups without seat reservations to keep certain seats available for people who might want to reserve them. At the same press conference he mentioned that they would be selling tickets later this year, for flights in 2019 with a brexit clause (they can be cancelled by the airline, ticket cost refunded, if the open skies agreement falls apart).

25. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Ryan Air have now stopped including a cabin bag as standard. It's now a paid extra.

26. 2hats

2hats

They’ve stopped including a ‘standard sized’* cabin bag as standard. You can still take on a bag of dimensions 35x20x20cm (up to 10kg) for free (which will fit under the seat).

* ie original IATA guidelines.

27. dessiato

dessiato Lost in paradise

This was introduced on 15 January. Surprisingly for Ryanair they flagged this at least a month in advance. Mrs D was flying with them at Christmas and it was on her boarding passes at the beginning of December.

28. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

We’ve got a one year old. We fly Ryanair fairly regularly but always pay for him. Someone at work mentioned he should fly free, that true?

29. 2hats

2hats

I think it goes like - if a child is under two before the return flight they fly for no charge if they sit in the accompanying adult’s lap, wearing an infant belt provided by the cabin crew. Otherwise you pay for a seat for them (may or may not need you to provide some approved restraint) though if they are under one they have to sit in your lap (with suitable crew provided belt) for take off and landing. But I might be wrong - I’ve never flown with any sized small kid.

I’m sure if you dig deep enough into the Ryanair website (or call their contact centre) they will explain the deal.

30. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

You get to choose eithrr one free cabin bag or one free infant. If there is no space in the overhead compartments for them they'll have to go in the hold.

friedaweed, Lancman and Winot like this.