1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russian bombers operating out of Indonesia

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by planetgeli, Dec 30, 2017.

1. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper It's a complicated world innit.

I first read that as the U75 fleet. :thumbs:

3. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

That's a good point well made, and certainly Russian military intervention of any quality can serve to obfuscate and interfere with others' plans. I wouldn't necessarily say conclusively, but perhaps enough. It has its limits though, and those are drawn from what it can and can't do, at once, militarily.

Bahnhof Strasse and likesfish like this.
  4. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

I think it means an expansion previously unheard of by Russia into Asian-Pacific states. I think it’s interesting, and probably dangerous for the region. I think new money for Russia will be created by putting both feet in the emerging Asian-Pacific markets. I think the symbolism of albeit apparently clapped out bombers in the region carries more weight than the bombers themselves.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    likesfish likes this.
  5. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

I reckon any major engagement would make Putin realise quite quickly that building an empire on corruption, embezzlement and racketeering is not great for the effectiveness of your military. Wouldn't be surprised if half his tanks were made of papier mache.

likesfish and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  6. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Riding a Brompton with a power meter.

Tu-95MS dropped some Kh-20/22 missiles in Syria. Who knows where they ended up but they did release weapons...

7. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

Russia's traditionally been a land power. Syria intervention was airstrikes and troops on the ground helped that putain had a goal keep assad in power.

The west goals were muddled slap IS support some rebels but not too much and err em:rolleyes:.
    Be neighbours with russia and not in Nato behave or else.
    Anywhere else Russias ability to act is extremely limited

A380 likes this.
  8. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

So who does euro fighter dassault and lockheed send the thank you card and case of vodka to? Guess the Aussies will. Want some new jets.

likesfish likes this.
  9. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Riding a Brompton with a power meter.

They've already got 100 F-35A on order.

10. Hate to break it to you, but Russia's been in the region since, well, forever...

russia.PNG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Dogsauce likes this.
  11. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

so lockheed bribed russia to make sure the deal stays on track ?,clever girl

12. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

6,950kms away from Indonesia actually hopefully they won't shoot up any fishing boats on these outings.

likesfish and planetgeli like this.
  13. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

And yet somehow I missed that Russian influence on my last visit to Indonesia, Philippines etc. ;)

(Talk about bun fights not worth having...)