Running

Discussion in 'football' started by Relahni, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Elpenor

Elpenor 01/09/02 - 01/10/05

Got Reading half-marathon 3 days away, the culmination of a few months of training and healthy living. 25 days no booze!!

4 minutes off the 10 K time promising last Sunday.

2. LilMissHissyFit

LilMissHissyFit Disturbed in a pink bra

the silverstone 1/2 is a week away and Im laid up with a hamstring problem :(
    Physio tomorrow :(

3. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

i've discovered that my long runs have been shorter than i thought - something's gone wrong with my 'piece of string and the a to z' method, with the result that my 13 miles (did yesterday), was in fact 11 1/2. gutted.

good luck with the physio lmhf, hope it gets sorted in time.

4. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

thats cos you wanted it to be longer :p :D

5. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

*bump*

found languishing on page 4 - that'll never do!

6. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Ah - well - I've dusted off my running shoes and have done a couple of decent runs over the last couple of days.

Ran from work to home last night and from home to work this morning.

I had to do it this morning as my wallet and everything was in my locker at work. After a night listening to my daughter crying, waking up very tired etc - the last thing I wanted was to run 4 miles to get to work - but I did pretty well....

I'm so into running - although with the snowy weather - it's easy to f*ck it off....

Spring is more or less here - so plodding I shall go!

By the way - do any of you plod to sounds - iplod etc?

I think that might be the way forward.

7. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

i never really thought of it - i don't have an mp3 player, but last week i went for a run with my bloke (he'd hurt his knee, so rode his bike :D ) and he lent me his... listened to the prodigy all the way round - i think it helped, i'm quite keen on getting one for myself now.

8. LilMissHissyFit

LilMissHissyFit Disturbed in a pink bra

I always carry my Mp3 player :)
    I did the silverstone 1/2 on sunday

9. Elpenor

Elpenor 01/09/02 - 01/10/05

I don't for a few reasons - not being able to hear other road / pavement users, which is important as some of my runs are in rural areas. Plus in races it makes it harder to hear marshals and you miss out on the atmosphere. Each to their own though.

Steadily building up my miles now, got a few local races to keep me ticking over, plus a few mates to train with.

10. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

well done LMHF - how did it go?

finding training a bore atm :( missed a few days of running 'cos of an evil cold, had to cut my first session afterwards short 'cos i couldn't do it, sacked off a run on saturday (which i feel bad about now) and i've still got a cough :mad:

11. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Sort of getting back into training now - did a 6 mile run at the weekend. And four miles yesterday - couldn't be arsed today.

Might go for a run tomorrow.

May enter a race in April or May to give myself somink to work towards.

12. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Does anyone know of any decent 10ks to run in around London in the next few weeks?

:confused:

13. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

no, but you could have a look on the runner's world website for listings, unless you've already done this :)