1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Room 2: soulful house & garage

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

2. ska invita

new new new :cool: reinterpretation of 80s boogie nugget
    Convertion - Let's Do It Feat.Leroy Burgess (Louie Vega Dance Ritual Mix)

3. ska invita

Had to rip and post this: emotional live rendition by Barbara Tucker of her garage anthem Beautiful People, with Louie Vega getting creative on three decks in the background - recorded at Roots NYC earlier in the year. Vibes!!

diond, Rutita1 and stethoscope like this.
  4. -=RicK=-

-=RicK=- Gouch Potato

5. -=RicK=-

-=RicK=- Gouch Potato

Proper funky mutha. Gotta be an all time fave

nogojones, ska invita and Ted Striker like this.
  6. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

:eek: Just last night I was searching for a ridiculous video clip a pal posted on about this record*

Absolute DON FunkySoulful connoisseur shit. :D:cool::cool:

To think there exists a defectedy soulful house tune that samples Over and Over (arguably the greatest disco record ever made IMO)...You can't imagine it'd be anything other than an utter abomination....but it knocks it out of the park. Got caned for months when we used to be out all weekend (as did anything JJK/Tappert/Soulfuric), and then it was included on this compilation http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soulfuric-S...im_m_h__2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KYWSA1982RMC78WABXT with the Lolleata Holloway/Dreamin acapella over the top, and AGAIN it just gets better and better. The remixes also have a role in life if you're dying to play it early on, but it's proper WHALLOP material :D (that whole cd was the soundtrack for all car journeys and 'back to mines' for about a 3 year period :D).

*It's Josh Milan at Ministry last year, playing this record tho jamming on a keyboard next to it. full on goosebump stuff.

ska invita likes this.
  7. ska invita

(DJ) Lindsay Wesker is great on facebook... he just posted this;

Back in the seventies, everyone was making disco records: Wings, The Rolling Stones, Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Barry Manilow. Everyone wanted to jump on this bandwagon.

It was the same during the first house explosion in the nineties. Suddenly, there were dance mixes of everything: R&B, pop, rock, and even dance mixes of classic disco records, which definitely didn’t need re-mixing!
    So, we now have soulful house mixes of everything. On Saturday, I heard ‘Love X Love’, which wasn’t too bad, but I also heard ‘Superstition’, which was horrific, and Pockets’ ‘Come Go With Me’, one of the most exciting soul records ever made, which definitely doesn’t need re-mixing.

What this soulful house beat does is create one long song. One tempo. One rhythm. No light and shade. No joy and pain. No variety. No contrast. A beat made for automatons; subservient, doped-up robots who won’t question authority. Just the way the ruling classes like it.

Play me two soulful house tracks then play me something else. Show me new emotions. Play me new music, play me old music. Surprise me! Show me everything this beautiful thing called ‘music’ has to offer.

George Clinton even took the piss out of it all in his track ‘Loopzilla’, but no one took any notice. Why have monotony when you can have monotonytonitone?

8. ska invita

perfect slice of new vocal/gospel - Blaze - We Are One - sadly the video cuts out just as the track is warming up

9. ska invita

Another big tune from Louis this year
    Funkadelic - Ain't That Funkin' Kinda Hard On You (Vega's Trumpet Dub)

10. ska invita

Just heard this amazing track on the radio...looked it up and yet again its Louie Vega - what a don
    3 Winans Brothers Feat.The Clark Sisters - Dance

11. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Fez909 and ska invita like this.
  12. nogojones

13. ska invita

Just heard this pon the radio
    love it - Osundalde remix

14. ska invita

lovely slice of gospel house this

15. ska invita

Perfection.......................
    Steve Silk Hurley & The Voices of Life - The Word is Love (Mousse T's For The Heads Mix)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    retribution and nogojones like this.
  16. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I love the Charles Webster remix of this

ska invita likes this.
  17. nogojones

18. nogojones

ska invita likes this.
  19. ska invita

Big tune, with a filtered Pepe Bradock Deep Burnt vibe :cool:

Fez909 likes this.
  20. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Reminds me more of Trakheadz (but that also reminds me of Deep burnt sooo...)

They both also remind me somehow of this sublime house track by Mike Grant

retribution and sankara like this.
  21. ska invita

nice one fez - on the DL of both of those . Reminding me to go and check out MR Gs catalogue. That Mike Grant tunes has some great Shouts on the label :D

Fez909 likes this.
  22. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Have you heard Cool Peopl - Sharevari? A Mike Grant vehicle doing a lovely jazzy house rendition of the Detroit classic :thumbs:

ska invita likes this.
  23. nogojones

sankara likes this.
  24. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

25. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

hat tip to damnNAFTA for this soulful gem. Sounds like a straight up 90s classic. Apparently not even released yet :cool:

nogojones and damnNAFTA like this.
  26. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

nogojones and retribution like this.
  27. retribution

retribution Jack of Dubs

I wish I owned that Love Lady 12"!

Been feeling lots of Mr G recently, but this one seems more fitting for the thread:

nogojones, Fez909 and ska invita like this.
  28. ska invita

have you heard the groove chronicles remix of Believe?
    id never heard this one you just posted.. .excellent :thumbs:

29. retribution

retribution Jack of Dubs

Yeah, the groove chronicles one is good, a bit more lively! Only got it recently actually, going to record a mix soon with lots of these vibes.

30. nogojones