Ronaldo to Madrid for £80m

Discussion in 'football' started by Kanda, Jun 11, 2009.

1. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

and owen :D

2. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'd say their golden era was 1997-2002. 3 Champions Leagues and 3 League titles, with 2 Intercontinental Cups thrown in for good measure, were won in that period.

You'd have to go back a very long time to find another team who won that much in a five-year period. If you find any at all.

Admittedly the first couple of years don't qualify as 'galactico years'. But the galacticos era started with Figo and continue with Zidane. The arrival of Beckham was the beginning of the end, really. Even discounting the first league and champions league of that period, I'd say 2 CLs and two domestic titles in 4 years are extremely good returns for the money investment. Every last penny of the 37m and 47m invested in Figo and Zidane was worth it, and it brought massive successes to the club.

3. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Thats true. The side that had Raul (before he became someone who lived on what he had been), Morientes, Mijatović and the simply fantastic Redondo was much better than the Galacticos one - of whom only Zidane was really worth the hype. (edit: also McManaman was much, much better for Real than Beckham was)

4. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

so your argument for me being wrong involves 6 players who were there before your time period began. With only beckham being signed in your time frame?

Raul was youth team product so never a galactico.

dave

5. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

Berbatov has to be the ultimate one.

6. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

:D

7. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

It's true though, what was he, 30m, and he's been complete shit even though he looked very very handy at spurs...

8. TrippyLondoner

I agree, i really hate his lazy git attitude.

9. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

he was never worth 10m tho

he's a decent striker for sure. he didn't have a bad season at man utd anyway, but he just isn't in the same class as tevez or rooney or ronaldo

10. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

it'll be a loss to utd, they have no-one to match him and anyone new may take time to settle. Then again they might spunk the money on the likes of Nani, Berbatov etc.

11. TrippyLondoner

I reckon they'll just bring in a few good players and build a team out of it rather than just one player.

12. isitme

isitme Banned Banned

they could take the 80m, chuck in another 20, buy newcastle and get martins and guiterrez plus own newcastle

13. TrippyLondoner

Heard that joke on the radio earlier though it was about real madrid buying newcastle.:D

14. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

thers not a lot to improve though really.

Wingers and back up for hargreeves(if he is fit) and another striker and thats about it.

A new team certainly doesn't need building.

dave

15. TrippyLondoner

Aye, just saying really. He'll buy enough players to make sure there's no problem next season at all.

16. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

You put your transfer in. Your transfer out.
    In, out. In, out. Fuck your club about.
    You do the Christiano and you change your mind.
    That’s what it’s all about.
    Oh Ronaldo is a wanker.
    Oh Ronaldo is a wanker.
    Oh Ronaldo is a wanker.
    Knees bent. Arms stretched. Dive, dive, dive.

17. aylee

aylee In exile in Haringay

Like. :D:D:D:D

18. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

It's hilarious the little things those in poverty will entertain themselves with.

19. internetstalker

internetstalker Get naked!

20. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Did anyone see the tabloids this morning? Ronaldo with Paris Hilton? Jesus. That matching makes Peter and Andre seem positively classy. Ycch...

21. iROBOT

iROBOT CURRENTLY RE-BOOTING

Shit, no.

I wish he'd stayed now, the fun we could have with this story...:(

22. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

I meant Peter and Jordan obviously :D

23. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Remind me again the debt your owners are renegotiating :D ;)

24. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

look at the real facts. Berba 41 goals for Bulgaria in 71 games, -

Tevez 54 games -8 goals

B also has twice as many goals and assists as Carlos in the last two seasons.

Different class alright...

25. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Talking of poverty is it true that the £80m is being paid in £10m installments over 8 years and will be used to service the £650m debt the club has?

Luckily Nani has stepped forward as the man to replace the greasy one.

26. Rollem

Rollem two kinds of wonderful

man utd £700m debt

Liverpool £300m in debt

:hmm:

27. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

Liverpool are technically not a going concern at the moment...not a big fan of Utds financial situation though think it is preferable to Liverpools least we can cover are interest payments...the pool are struggling:D

28. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Do you think I would get into a contract with that mob? Jesus Christ, no chance. I wouldn't sell them a virus" - Alex Ferguson, December 18, 2008

“Ah, go on then” - Alex Ferguson, June 11, 2009

[​IMG]

29. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

I feel like im in some kind of timewarp. Have you lot STILL not come up with anythin new?

30. internetstalker

internetstalker Get naked!

Just been sent his by a couple of mates by Text

:mad::mad: