Roland TR-808 current prices.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by danski, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Well, I still have no regrets about buying it, and it always seems to go for about the same price, or slightly higher than buying it new (dependant on out of stockness).

When is the RD-808 actually out?
    *eta*
    March and 299 dollars,
    Behringer shares release date and price for TR-808 clone

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

So what you're saying is that the kids reinvented Gabber? :D

3. ViolentPanda

Keyboard reminds me of the EDP Wasp.

Fez909 likes this.
  4. ohmyliver

Essentially, yes. A one bar less melodic version of Gabba. It's one of those things that I'm a bit gutted I didn't video.

I'm all for electronic instruments that even reception age kids can use. Although my daughter has produced aproximately one drum loop (including her 'it's MY turn now' goes on the Deluge) which doesn't sound like Jack Bauer interogating a drum machine.

ViolentPanda likes this.
  5. ViolentPanda

Have to admit that - IF - any issues are ironed out, the price is very good indeed. Only a Full English Breakfast for 2 a Joe's Caff more expensive than the Microbrute. My mate is already saving his pennies for one to stick on top of his Farfisa organ (yep, a Can fan).

6. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baŠĻČned: All

magneze, fishfinger and ohmyliver like this.
  7. ohmyliver

And about 170 dollars... it's a bit, err, garish, but it would probably annoy the fuck out of serious synth purists. :thumbs:

8. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Behringer, again.

$199?!

electroplated and ohmyliver like this.
  9. xenon

xenon Sweep and cut

Behringer have been making some great stuff of late. Their U-Phoria usb interfaces are amazing value. 24 bit, 192khz, decent preamps and good build quality.

Modular synths is something I don't want to touch. I can see it as a whole other gear rabit hole. I like the annalogue sound and having physical controls to tweek but getting into nerding out over individual filter modules and hundreds of cables to connect... Not yet anyway. :D

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Semi-modular is often about re-routing things built into that synth, rather than adding a bunch of other modules (although you can do that too). I messed around with the cheaper end of semi-modular stuff (eg microbrute) without getting into modular at all (although that eventually happened for other reasons).

11. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

When I watched I skipped over whatever it was he was waffling about at the start but the sound quality of this video once he gets into playing it seems worth posting:

ohmyliver and danski like this.
  12. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Not sure if it is true as no time to check right now, but someone in an internet chat I'm in just said 'Roland just registered the 303, 808 designs as trademarks'.

This would not surprise me. Behringer have been so blatant that I will be surprised if they dont attract some corporate IP law attention.

13. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

14. ohmyliver

what will that mean for things like the TT 303, and the MB33 retro?

15. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Too early to tell, might spell doom, might be a slow burner, might lead to nothing.

16. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Someone, somewhere said the trademark thing was more about their deal the other year with Puma than anything else, which does make some sense. Other have noted that behringer reversed the order of the colours oof the step sequencer buttons at some point so it isnt identical to the Roland design.